matching syllables for siblings?

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Ok this is going to sound odd but a colleague mentioned it to me and now i feel like i too think that siblings should have same/similar amount of syllables in their names.

My DD is called Emilia (4 syllables)

for DD2 we both really like the names Hope and Josephine. Hubby wants Hope as a first name. I do like Hope but feel its too short for a first name. Is this stupid? I feel like it doesn't go with Emilia very well. Does that matter?

I originally liked the name Josephine (suitable number of syllables) and Hope for the middle name but now im not sure.

I think we need some more longer first names to consider....any ideas which are similar to the above?

Hope and Emilia don't go IMO

Emilia is a really pretty girly name and needs another pretty girly name too regardless of the syllables lol!! X

I like the idea of same/similar number of syllables for siblings too. My DD1 is Aviana and we chose Rosalia for DD2 (luckily it has the same number of syllables lol). Even though Im not TTC yet, I keep thinking of what name we would use for another girl and the whole syllable thing keeps popping up.

I agree, Hope doesn't quite 'go' with Amelia, although it's a pretty name. Maybe you can convince your hubby to compromise and do Hope as a middle name rather than a first. :flower:.

We did take take syllables into account when choosing names. But TBH if its a name you really love I wouldnt worry too much

Mine have the same syllables inc middle names and any more we have will have the same. I just thought it would be cool for them all to be similar.
Hope is a nice name but I agree it is a little too short to go with Emelia. Something like Isabella or Sophia would match nicely.

I dont think it is the length of Hope but rather they just dont go together, regardless of length, iykwim?

I agree that it needs to be something really pretty to go with Emilia.

I've never thought about syllables tbh, but all five of my children have two syllable names and the two girls names and the two boys names I like for future babies are also two syllables, must be subconscious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->