Maternity Allowance - Not so straight foward!

I

izziboo08

Firstly hello to everyone, and any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated as i am slightly confussed! :saywhat:
Apologies for the essay to follow............
I was in full-time employment and then went onto SMP in Mid-December 2007 to have my first baby. I relocated out of the area and so i didn't return after my SMP stopped in September 08.
God job i didn't start another job as i found out beginning of December 2008 i'm expecting again and now i am nearly 21 weeks.
Just so you have a bit of an idea after my SMP ended i went on JSA to find work but was then put on this new incapacity benefit which i'm still currently recieving.

I've been doing all hunting about for info on the internet and i know you have to be employed for 26 weeks out of the 66 weeks before baby is due. So does me being on SMP previously, theoretically mean i was employed up until end of September? So if i have my counting backwards and fowards right i would just be eligable?! (66wks back from 30/05/09 then on 26 weeks takes me to the end of August).
And they mention something about 13 wks testing your income well i was on the standard £117 a wk so does that mean i'll get that again or 90% of that?? HELP MY BRAIN HURTS! :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->