maternity allowance!

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
I got a letter through saying I am entitled to it, how much I can get and asking when I would like payments to start. I sent the letter back just over a week ago and I was just wondering how long it would be before I start getting my payments? Anyone with any knowledge on it? X thanks

I got a reply letter 4 working days later to say that if you have requested payments to made 4 weekly to your account you will get your first payment 4 weeks from the date on the top of letter. x

Ah they didn't say anything like that to me! I chose fortnightly, so if that's the case it will be next week, as im sure the letter date said 10th of April x

This is interesting because even though I work and have done with no breaks I hadn't been with my current employer long enough before I fell pregnancy so I am not entitled to SMP but maternity allowance.. I requested it to be paid every 2 weeks and to start on 8th April but I haven't had anything back yet? That was 10 days ago so will I get a letter or will it just go in account.. xxx sorry for hijacking the post xxx

Just looked on my letter and it says that if you requested to be paid every 2 weeks, money will credit your account in 5-10 working days.

I got a letter through saying I am entitled to it, how much I can get and asking when I would like payments to start. I sent the letter back just over a week ago and I was just wondering how long it would be before I start getting my payments? Anyone with any knowledge on it? X thanks

In the same boat as you - (didn't get SMP because I was off sick), just sent the letter back, so hoping it doesn't take too long.

BettyBoop152 im exactly the same as U. My leave started April 8th. I wasn't entitled to SMP as I didn't earn enough. It would be nice if they actually stated the date the first payment would be an how much. Guess I shall just have to keep looking at my bank balance!xx

I would call them, they can tell you over the phone how much and when you should be getting the money. My letter have me a date from when I would receive mine, they were very helpful on the phone as well :)!

it was about 3 weeks before I got my first payment but they were really quick x

I posted my application on a Tuesday and received a text on the Thursday to say I would get the first payment 5-10 days later. I would give them a call, I found them to be very helpful as well.

I've rang them today. First payments on Tuesday an they R back dating! Which means I can get my cot that I want! Woo :)

This sounds great!
If we have the same start date I should get mine latest next week :)
Thanks hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->