Maternity clothes?

Lisa2701

Reaction score
Wondering when you ladies started wearing maternity trousers? I'm only 7 weeks but despite having actually lost weight I'm finding my trousers are feeling uncomfortable if I'm sitting for any length of time. Was at the cinema last night and actually had to Unbutton my jeans - not that that looks dodgy or anything :haha: just feels way too early to be considering maternity clothes??

I buy early if there's a deal. Otherwise I wait til I need. you can get beginner mat pants that don't have the full huge belly panel. or those button things that expand your pants.

ive been crying for maternity clothes since week 8 and im a small girl. 120lbs and 5'2. i think my yoga pants work wonders as well as just wearing no pants at all haha (in that case i wear a long dress/gown) i do wear maternity shirts every week just because they were just $2 and ADORABLE. i had to have them. they're extremely comfortable although im not having a problem with my regular shirts.

my panties even get stuck against this round bump i have just below my belly button when i pull them up. haha its silly and cute in my opinion but it really does get stuck and i have to expand them outward then continue to pull up and over the roundness. same goes for pants. i can feel a noticeable tightness in that area, too, whether im sitting or standing. i havent worn my regular jeans for a while because of it. i just wear stirrups/leggings and pull them above my belly button to help with comfort. my boyfriend wanted me to go shopping with him so he could buy me adorable maternity clothes because he said if he goes by himself, he'd get me something i think is ugly. honestly, i do love cute things but i just want to be comfortable! he's coming to my rescue either way

I'm 11 weeks with my third and as soon as I walk through the front door at night I change into my trackie bottoms, I'm so uncomfortable in normal clothes. I have brought a couple of new outfits but I don't like buying maternity clothes until after my 12 week scan.

Hi Lisa, I'm only 4 and a half weeks but have had terrible bloating and feeling very uncomfortable in my normal jeans - I unbuttoned in the car on the way home the other night! Went out today and bought new skinny jeans, leggings and cargo pants all up one size so that I am more comfortable. I tried some maternity jeans and I just looked ridiculous! Wayyyy too early for those. Only thing I couldn't find were comfortable black pants for work.

Over the next month or so I'm planning on wearing lots of loose dresses and long tops with the looser jeans/leggings.

With my first I think I bought maternity clothes around 12 - 15 weeks because I was getting bigger. After my c-section I was never able to wear real pants, until right before I received my 2nd BFP, now I'm back to maternity pants and only 5 weeks almost 6. Regular pants fit to tight.

I got some maternity jeans on a steal (someone on here posted them!) and I'm already wearing them. I'm 9 weeks. I have dress pants that were a couple sizes too big already because I lost weight right before I got pregnant, so I just wear them low and they still fit. They look a bit dumpy pushed down so low, but they fit. Otherwise yoga pants at home!

I was in maternity pants at 8-9 weeks first pregnancy. I'm 9.5 weeks now and doubt I'll be in maternity pants soon, though I had lost weight right before my BFP so my pants started out baggy on me. I do think I'm starting to show already though but my bump is higher than my waistline so that doesn't impact how my pants fit.

Always amazes me how quickly women need maternity jeans given how small baby is but like most of you I'm starting to feel the pinch in my waist band, especially when sitting down! I also lost a huge amount of weight before my BFP but have thrown all my big clothes out, they wouldn't have been any good anyways, I was 5 dress sizes bigger so even with a bump I won't fill them (or I better not!!! :wacko:)

I definitely need some new bras, over the last couple of days I've began to fall out of my bras! I might try and get some leggings and a pair of joggors or something to do me until after my 12 weeks scan, just make it less obvious to others. I'm not showing really because I have a lot of lose skin from my weight loss so I'll get away with not telling anyone until after scan I think.

Always amazes me how quickly women need maternity jeans given how small baby is but like most of you I'm starting to feel the pinch in my waist band, especially when sitting down! I also lost a huge amount of weight before my BFP but have thrown all my big clothes out, they wouldn't have been any good anyways, I was 5 dress sizes bigger so even with a bump I won't fill them (or I better not!!! :wacko:)

I definitely need some new bras, over the last couple of days I've began to fall out of my bras! I might try and get some leggings and a pair of joggors or something to do me until after my 12 weeks scan, just make it less obvious to others. I'm not showing really because I have a lot of lose skin from my weight loss so I'll get away with not telling anyone until after scan I think.

Ah yes but remember the uterus gets bigger too! I think it grows a little faster than the baby early on...or I'd like to think so. :haha:

I'm still fine in everything non-maternity except my jeans actually, but I wear a lot of stretchy tops. They make me look bumpy, lol.

Ahh yes, the app on my phone says my uterus is now the size of a small orange, wasn't thinking about that. Still seems crazy that something the size of an orange is making my jeans tight already!! I haven't gained any weight so it's not that.

I finally caved and ordered some maternity jeans today after having to go around with my jeans Unbuttoned this evening whilest out, which I hated! My jeans are fine when I'm standing up, slightly snugger but not uncomfortable, but when I sit down I feel like I have a belt around my lower stomach that's just a notch too tight! My tops are all still perfect fit and most have growing room in them so I don't think I'll need to buy tops any time soon. Bra's on the other hand are being bought tomorrow, I'm falling out of my current ones.

Lisa- If you can still wear your pre pregnancy jeans with only having to unbutton your pants, you can buy a B-Buckle. Look them up on line. I bought one because I am in the same boat as you. They work really well to expand the waist of your jeans! I'm 7+2 and I am already thinking about maternity clothes as well :(

I am feeling the same, although I am not even sure that it is the fit as much as I don't like the feeling of anything restrictive on my abdomen at all. I recently acquired a maternity skirt from Old Navy and I think I want more. It is long and not restrictive at all.

I also need bras, the other night I became so frustrated with one of mine that I ripped the under wires out :haha:... I have been wearing it like that because it is more comfortable right now.

Last time, I bought a pair of maternity jeans around 16 weeks. Currently, at 6 weeks, I feel so bloated that I could wear them now lol. I was able to get away with my work pants for a long time just by unbuttoning them and using a hair tie to secure the button to the button hole while giving my belly extra room. But later on when my belly was pushing my pants down, I did have to cave in and buy maternity work pants too. Comfort is important. If you buy them now it just means you'll get more use out of them so you won't be totally wasting money on maternity items.

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been around.

Did eventually got and get fitted for maternity bras so feeling a bit better in that area! Maternity bras are SO much nicer than they were when I had my DS 10 years ago lol.

I ordered some maternity jeans from next. Ordered the size I'm wearing and the size smaller, partly because the size I'm wearing is baggy around the bum and hips and I only need it for my waist so I figured maternity clothes would accommodate this, which is absolutely does. The size smaller feels a much better fit but I wore them around the house for half an hour and found that even the size smaller keeps falling down, very comfortable but would drive me insane by falling down!! I can't decide if to try the smaller size again or a different make?

Where do you ladies find the best place to buy jeans? I really need to find something that I'm happy with because my trousers are becoming uncomfortable.

I tried using a hair tie on the button to give me extra space which worked great while I was walking around but sitting in the car or the sofa and I find my entire lower stomach is uncomfortable not just my waist so I'm going to need maternity trousers soon!!

I like secret fit belly jeans from motherhood. I had all secret fit belly pants last pregnancy, and they stayed up even when I was barely showing.

I have some from Kohls this time, they are not secret fit belly, and they sag. But they were cheap. My secret fit belly ones are too big, since I lost weight since I was last pregnant.

If you have a belly band, it can help hold up too loose maternity pants.

I had to switch to maternity shirts today. The regular shirts that I have were too short and showing my belly a bit yesterday, so as long as I'm wearing low-riding pants (like my dress pants) I need a longer shirt.

With skirts and maternity clothes that don't ride so low, the regular shirts are okay for now.

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been around.

Did eventually got and get fitted for maternity bras so feeling a bit better in that area! Maternity bras are SO much nicer than they were when I had my DS 10 years ago lol.

I ordered some maternity jeans from next. Ordered the size I'm wearing and the size smaller, partly because the size I'm wearing is baggy around the bum and hips and I only need it for my waist so I figured maternity clothes would accommodate this, which is absolutely does. The size smaller feels a much better fit but I wore them around the house for half an hour and found that even the size smaller keeps falling down, very comfortable but would drive me insane by falling down!! I can't decide if to try the smaller size again or a different make?

Where do you ladies find the best place to buy jeans? I really need to find something that I'm happy with because my trousers are becoming uncomfortable.

I tried using a hair tie on the button to give me extra space which worked great while I was walking around but sitting in the car or the sofa and I find my entire lower stomach is uncomfortable not just my waist so I'm going to need maternity trousers soon!!

Pinkblushmaternity.com has some really cute clothes. I haven't ordered any yet so I can't tell you how the jeans fit but I think I will be ordering soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->