Maternity Exemption Certificate UK

Jo1987

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone in the UK can help me with Maternity exemption card.

I'm 10wks 4days, and had my booking appointment last week, I had my bloods today and got my notes and bounty pack but forgot to ask about my Maternity Exemption card.

Do you I get this from my midwife, or is it automatically sent to me? Or is there a form in the bounty pack?

I really can't remember from my first baby.

Thanks

I think m/w should give it to you. x

Yeah I thought I got my last one from my midwife, but I'm not seeing her again until 17 weeks, and now have a toothache. Would like to be cheeky and have it before I go dentist.

Thanks

Your GP should be able to issue you one too - only thing is they take a little while to come through the post. But yes either midwife or GP should give the form stamped and signed (and then you fill in your details).

With DD my GP did it at 6 weeks when I first went in, with this bean midwife did it at booking in appt at 8 weeks. xx

I got mine off MW but i never got my bounty pack will have to try and remember for my next appt

Hello, I was given the form at the booking meeting and told to fill it in and send it off, it needed the surgery stamp on first. I would pop into your surgery and let them know you weren't given one so that they can sort it out for you x

Thanks, I'm going to see my GP any way tomorrow, may ask him if he can give me one. Just don't want to wait another seven weeks before I see my midwife again. Dentist prices are crazy!

Phone the dentist and explain the situation, they might give you the treatment now and let you provide it when you have it.

My gp gave me mine and i misplaced it, mw gave me a new one and filled it in for me, came within a week. I was impressed as was quite a while to get back with my first.

I got mine off my MW but I never got one last pregnancy ... I didn't even know about them until my booking appoointment this week

I needed to fill a prescription before my card arrived in the post and the pharmacy said as long as I had sent it off, I was covered from that date. So if you can get the form & explain to the dentist you're waiting for the card to arrive they might be able to see you anyway.

And I don't think it's cheeky, it's what you're entitled to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->