Maternity Pads?

lady3

Reaction score
What have/are people doing? I was in Mothercare, and they seemed really expensive. Is it fine to just use something like Always extra-heavy for after baby's birth? They're so much cheaper!

What have/are people doing? I was in Mothercare, and they seemed really expensive. Is it fine to just use something like Always extra-heavy for after baby's birth? They're so much cheaper!

Tesco's own make are 96p for 10, my sis used these and said they were good, so i will be using these when the time comes!!

Tesco cheap night time ones, or the Maxi bed time ones. Alot cheaper and do the job. If you find they're not big enough just after the labour where it's heaviest just put two next to each other. But I found one was enough.

Iv just bought always...the one with the wings...to be honest i didnt know what the hell maternity pads were for? lol

Hi i have used Always pads after all 3 of my pregnancys and plan to use them after this one too i find maternity pads too bulky.

In a pregnancy mag i bought it says always night time ones are really good to use both for through the day and night

I've bought a couple of pack of always nighttime pads but without wings as I read somewhere that if you have a stitch or two and the wing tape gets caught there then it will be very painful!

I don't like the wing ones as I had grazes either side when I had my son so they rubbed.

All the type of things you need to think of!

I didn't even know they made maternity pads :blush: was planning on using Always overnight pads

Thanks for the info on the wings. I didn't even think of that!! Think I'll stay away from them.....

Vickie- Don't worry about not knowing about maternity pads. I didn't know about the throw away knickers until my 3rd antenatal class! lol

I am using always nighttime pads as I didnt discover maternity pads until later - which look bulky. How long are we supposed to need these for?

up to 6 weeks, mat pads are really bulky and i found the hot if that makes sence :S i just used always night time pads :)

gooood luck

wow, i'd never even thought about this..wowser.....i'm so uneducated!...gosh it's all glam producing a baby isnt it

lol! Dont forget the disposable pants either!

I was gonna use night time pads (nice advice about the wings tho). Wot about using Tena lady instead? Just incase my peeing is gone to pot?

if pee goes to pot, better get working on them palvic floors!

hey guys
i just wanted to say that i found the best maternity pads in boots! i was a bit unhappy about the thought of massive bulky pads and was so happy to find ultra thin maternity pads for 2 quid a pack. the bulkier ones wer a pound, i got some of those too for the first couple of days, as im hoping it might act as a kind of cusion ...

Superdrug ones are 99p for 10 I think. They MASSIVE though. I couldn't get over the size of them.

How many is it worth buying?

xxx

Asda do a twin pack of the Always Maxi nighttime pads for £1.80. This is for 24. A single pack of 12 in Boots is £1.45

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->