Maternity Pads

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before, but does anyone know anything about maternity pads? I've had people tell me that I'll want the Maternity Pads instead of regular maxi pads as they're more absorbant and work better, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. :dohh:

Has anyone used them? Know of people who have? Can anyone recommend even a brand name to search for them? The hospitals here won't provide them, so I'm kinda stuck in that department.

Thanks!

i used them with maddi, was told they would help spot infection etc as they don't have the coating like normally sanitary towels. over here you can get them in supermarkets, mothercare and babies r us, not sure about canada though honey. i'm sure another helpful lady will have better advice than me :hugs:

I saw some today in sainsburys, own brand 99p for ten. In the sanitary towels department.

98p for 12 in tesco i got them anyway as apparently yuo bleed alot after baby with the pay back period thats missing for 9 months. I remember when my mum had my sister she was really heavy but then they did supply them big pads. I dont know if they still do them but for all the price and they will be used eventually may as well get them.

I didn't find any here. I had Hannah at St. Michael's and they provided maternity pads for the first few days (I was in the hospital for 3 days because of complications with the birth) which was quite long enough. After the initial couple of days the bleeding will lighten considerably....I'm confused as to why your hospital won't provide them? :confused:

Just noticed your from canada so my 'they are in sainsburys' wasnt much help. sorry! x

You do only need them for the first couple of days as the bleeding dies down into a more period like amount.
They are more or less the same size as the maxi night time sanitary towels though.

Can't help with Canada but when you are looking my sister said the fatter the better!

I'd look in your supermarket? That's where I see them. I am getting mine from Tesco but I don't think Canada has tescos yet lol

i bought night time ones, most girls only bleed for a few days anyway it was like a normal period that faded off.

I swore by them. I dont know if it has a bearing but I chose not to be stitched and the bleeding was quite heavy, possibly due to that.

i got my pads from wilkinsons 79p 4 a pack of 12 and first week i used 3 a time mostly for the padding as i had stitches then moved to just 2 now at 4 weeks im using 1 as my bleed is on n off. When bleedin slows down u can use normal pads but i perfer mat pads lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->