Maternity shirts + big breasts=Disaster!

NewlywedTTC

Reaction score
Hi all. I was so excited because my first maternity clothes came yesterday. I'm a plus size gal, and a DDD in the chest. I'm grumpy cause I was REALLY looking forward to my maternity jeans coming. I really don't have pants that fit properly anymore, but I wear them to get by and end up with elastic marks. EEK! So even if I don't think I have a 'proper' bump, I know I'm growing. And I've only gained two pounds, but I'm still two pounds down.
I ordered two shirts off JcPenny.com and a shirt and jeans off motherhoodmaternity.com. So anyway, the two shirts came yesterday and I was really excited. One is really cute and I wore it last night, but my boobs tend to kinda weigh it down. It feels like it could get tight in the breast area fast, and that worries me. I just paid $30 for a shirt that's supposed to be my size and I'm worried I'll grow out of it before I'm able to wear it much.
The other one is a basic white shirt with some ruffling at the top. They are both empire waisted. My boobs weigh that one down too and I show quite a bit of cleavage. I'm a pretty modest girl, but I'm starting to think I'll have to throw that out the window til I'm done breast feeding :rofl:
Anyway, what was supposed to be a really great event (my first proper maternity clothes!) turned out to be really disappointing. Also, I ordered the clothes from motherhoodmaternity over a week ago and they still haven't shown up yet. The UPS tracking last has it updated from the 15th. I'm so mad! Is it too much to ask for jeans that are comfy?
Anyone else have any of these problems?

I am right there with you. I don't normally even wear plus sizes, but I am getting close. I have tried on a few maternity shirts and thought the same thing. My boobs just are NOT going to stand for this in a few months. I am sure of it.
I typically have problems in the chest of shirts, but geez. ITA, I am going to have to hunt for some cute maternity clothes that I can pull of for work and a few upcoming weddings:(

I want to complain about maternity clothes too- not the big breast issue as mine are still quite tiny :rofl:

I ordered some maternity tank tops and short sleeved shirts from Old Navy online and today I wanted to wear a tank top since we had really nice weather. When I put it on, it doesn't even cover my bump! I can't wear it unless I want to look like a pregnant whore! Argh, so now I need to search for the receipt and see if its too late to return them.

I find anything empire waisted just doesn't work with the big boobs....mine go up to about J cup when I'm pg - and I have to have just straight shirts - no buttons or empire waist.

All the plus size shirts I have found are so deeply cut that the girls are on full display. I am not that kind of girl. So I found some long length tanks to layer with them.

Bah!

Just for laughs - I have tiny boobs (a bit bigger now, of course, but still tiny). When I tried on these maternity shirts - well, let's just say there was also too much boob exposure. A bit of leaning over and I'd be totally exposed.

I invested in a bunch of maternity tanks which are a little longer in the waist and therefore cover the girls when the shirts are too low.

I wish more shops actually did stock maternity clothes.. getting fed up of asking about them and being told to order from the catalogue. I don't want to spend time dealing with returns!

Anytime I find a store with maternity gear, no one has bothered to keep the area tidy, hang up clothes that have fallen off the hanger etc. It's like the shop assistants have a complete blind spot for them.

Hey hon I wear a vest under my top that 'shows' a bit too much and it also helps shape my boobs. I'm from England and fround H&M and Next online had a load of great stuff plus littlewoods online. Not sure if they'll come to you but worth a look. x

I want to complain about maternity clothes too- not the big breast issue as mine are still quite tiny :rofl:

I ordered some maternity tank tops and short sleeved shirts from Old Navy online and today I wanted to wear a tank top since we had really nice weather. When I put it on, it doesn't even cover my bump! I can't wear it unless I want to look like a pregnant whore! Argh, so now I need to search for the receipt and see if its too late to return them.
:rofl::rofl: IKWYM...I went to Old Navy, but IME, came home with some rather unattractive ensembles. DH started LOL and said..."why don't we just get you a flourescent orange sign to wear that says 'I'm pregnant'". Made me feel like sh&t, but I was thinking the same thing. I looked ridiculous in those clothes. Part of it is that everything I have found is so far and away from anything I would normally wear that I look like an idiot. Not that I dress trashy or preppy or anything in particular, but I never dress, um..."cutesy".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->