Maturnity cloths rant

Dragonfly

Mother of 4
Reaction score
I need a rant I am in a mood after cleaning the house and the dog messing it again and then having to get dressed! yes i got dressed :rofl:

Anyway what the hell is up with maturnity cloths I have. I get a pair of trousers at the start and they ae a little on the big side but sure I will grow into them ,.. Then loose weight a bit and the legs are baggy and have no ass in them and then just below the stretchy fabric waste on the jeans its tight and I cant breath! They are a size 14. They are yes in the legs as i am falling over them ffs! but cant sit down in them unless I want a crushed baby, that bit stretchy waist is fine but canceled out by the tiny bit you have under it to breath! :hissy:

Then I get a nice pair of dorethy perkins ones online. Size 12. Massive! falling over them again and the ass is having down and to long and the waste is tight! so they are pointless wearing now . :hissy:

who the hell made these dam things! my belly is pregnant not my ass, why cant i get stuff to fit my legs and ass! :hissy:

tops people just donated big tops to me so i am fine there. Now i am afraid to get maturnity trousers as they will do the dam same things and i will end up looking like someone shrunk me in the wash. I aint skinny! i am a size 12 normally but am stuck for maturnity cloths. Maybe my ass and legs need to exspand during pregnancy to fit maturnity clothing I dont know.

I am running around here in a pair of size 14 normal trousers with no ass in them and falling overthe legs and the belly will not button! so i am fecked if i get maturnity and fecked if i dont.

I found Dorothy perkins maternity trousers really uncomfortable too. but now had Mamas and Papas ones and Marks and spencer ones which are lush and comfy.

Claire

I am afirad to get them as i cant get out to the shops i order online and dont want to waste money on something that dont fit again. The dorehy perkins ones have the buttons that stick into yoru waiste and everything. I hate the bit fanny bit that hangs down! just because the belly is bit does not mean my vagina and ass is going to drop down that far also. :(

I found new look great i got my maternity clothes in july and i am still wearing them they fit perfect only now the vest tops are getting a bit short but nothing major trouser still fit fine and you can button/unbutton the sides if they need to be tighter or need more room.

plus we look like normal clothes xx

I have the same problem! I have some maternity trousers I can't wear coz the bit below the stretchy waistband is just too friggin' tight! Whoever designs those things obviously doesn't realise that the belly isn't the only thing that expands during pregnancy! And the trousers I have are a size 14 but they don't fit, yet my regular size 12 trousers still fit me! (eventhough the fly has to be left open and the buttons held with a hair elastic!)

I found new look great i got my maternity clothes in july and i am still wearing them they fit perfect only now the vest tops are getting a bit short but nothing major trouser still fit fine and you can button/unbutton the sides if they need to be tighter or need more room.

plus we look like normal clothes xx

The nearest New Look that does maternity stuff is miles away from me :(. I wish there was one nearer.

I found Dorothy perkins maternity trousers really uncomfortable too

I am a bit of an old hand at maternity clothes now after living in them for the past 7 years or so:rofl:. The Dorothy Perkins ones are never comfy for me either. I must admit the best pair of maternity jeans I've ever had were from Blooming Marvellous....just gonna find a link (and I need some more as I wore my last ones right through:blush:)

Bugger...they don't do them anymore....not the ones I loved so much:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I've found New Look the best, for Maternity jeans, cant comment on their trousers tho, I'm a jeans girl!! x

The sizing thing with maternity clothes seems have no logic at all. I was a 12 on the bottom half before pregnancy but as my belly got bigger I needed a 14 to fit around it. Yet in maternity trousers/jeans I have some in size 14, others in size 12 and my work trousers from dotty p's are a size 10??? (not since I was about 15 have I ever been able to get my hips into a size 10!)

Dragonfly- try getting maternity trousers that have a wee notch cut out to go under your bump if the ones with the elastic sides don't fit.

Such a pain getting decent looking clothes that also fit, especially if you are tall!!!!! New Look not recomended for tall ladies!

always always always try maternity pants on before you buy them!! They vary soooo stinkin much!!

This isn't only a British thing - here in NZ they seem to think that pregnant woman not only grow a tummy but also their bums, thighs and calves also seem to inflate as well. This might be the case for some, but it hasn't for me (YET!) so any pants that are size 10 don't fit around my legs or butt properly and looks totally frumpy! I am beginning to think I'm destined to wear track pants for the next 3-4 months!!

I have to agree with New Look being good for jeans - cheap too!! I'm normally a 14 in jeans, but the 12 fits me lovely from there....... BUT.....I'm only 5ft 5", and to wear the jeans with flat shoes, I've had to take the hems up by about 3/4 inches!!!!

I got 2 pairs of maternity trousers from Next in my usual size. They are quite big but really comfy! I could probably have got a size smaller than my usual and because the waist is so stretchy they would have still fit well throughout pregnancy. But I stuck with what I got as I couldn't be doing with sending them back and waiting for replacements to arrive while I had no jeans or trousers to wear!!

The only thing with the jeans I got is that they are low-riding with an elastic waist above the belt and they fall down pretty badly when I'm walking and the belt digs in when I'm sat down. https://www.next.co.uk/shot.asp?b=G70&p=22&s=3&n=Women&pid=415-740&exclude=00C00

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->