Max Castle has arrived :)

_laura

Mummy to Monster Max
Reaction score
Max Castle was born 1/12/2010 at 1:50pm weighing 7lb 11.5oz after a 4.5 hour labour.

It all started on Sunday night when me and the OH decided to go to a gig to see if Max would wriggle his way out or start to make an appearance. When I got home I started to get cramps and pains in my back (I knew bubs was back to back) that didn't feel like braxton hicks in the slightest. Timing wise they were lasting a minute but spaced half hour apart.

Monday came and went with the same pains but they moved to 20 minutes apart. Me and OH decided to DTD that night to see if it would work (it did make the pains a bit worse and a little closer together but nothing impressive! Just painful!)

Tuesday came and we decided to go for a long long walk and DTD again (yup! Let him have fun while he can take advantage ;) haha) contractions got to 5 minutes apart and 30 seconds long! Called the MW and she said don't come in until I can't handle the pain/they get a bit longer. Went to sleep (say that but i did spend most of it awake in pain.)

Wednesday I called up and told them I was coming in cause they were getting a bit more painful.

7:30am - they hooked me up to a monitor and said they would come back in half an hour and see what they could see and decide from there. an hour later they still hadn't come back (so we called for them cause I needed to pee) and they decided they would do an internal as they couldnt see much from the monitor because all the contractions were in my back (no shit! I did tell them that!)

9:00am - Internal and I'm 4cms so I get sent straight down to delivery and told to make myself comfortable. Meet the midwife that will be there who I can't fault one bit, she was so lovely and made me feel so calm/relaxed/safe throughout the whole thing.

11:00am - I'm coping well with no painkillers (only just) so they sent me out of the room and down to the birthing centre at the unit and told to go back when I needed pain relief. Well within 20 minutes of being down there I realised I needed some pain relief as the contractions were coming closer together at a higher intensity (about every 3 mins for 45 seconds)

11:30am - I get given some gas and air, it helped for a bit but made me feel really queasy as I hadn't eaten and was really dehydrated. I then ended up throwing it up everywhere so I ask for Pethadin.

12:00pm - get some Pethadin it takes about half an hour for it to properly kick in, they do an internal and I'm 6cms. Midwife says if my waters dont break by 1pm she will do it for me.

1:00pm - She broke my waters for me (so drugged up so I can't tell you what it feels like!) and they said it could be a little bit longer so for Scott and my mum to go and get some lunch.

1:10pm - Scotts gone to get food and I get the urge to push! Someone runs out and tells him to come back!

So I start pushing, its such a weird sensation! and after 20 mins he's here! I don't honestly remember much but my mum and OH told me that when he came out the cord was round his neck twice and i got told to stop pushing. i wasn't pushing but he just came out!

He had twisted twice on the way out causing severe internal tears and me losing 4 pints of blood. There was blood EVERYWHERE! Looked like a murder scene.

Oh and cause we weren't 100% sure on the sex of bubs to hear my mum and OH scream 'It's a boy!' together in floods of tears was an experience!

I love him to pieces and can't actually believe that he's mine! Me and OH haven't even turned the TV on since, we just sit and stare at him.

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs029.snc4/33832_479283206776_614906776_6221739_4538541_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs118.snc4/36263_479203786776_614906776_6220871_2604244_n.jpg

Congratulations, he's absolutely gorgeous. I love his little cheeks :D xx

congrats :) he's gorgeous and has a nice head of hair bless :)!

congrats!! thank you for the birth story, doesn't sound too traumatic which puts me at ease a bit lol x

congratulations hun, well done, hes absoloutly gorgeous xXx

your birth sounds pretty chilled out! i still think you should have called him frank in tribute! hehe :) max is gorgeous xxxx

your birth sounds pretty chilled out! i still think you should have called him frank in tribute! hehe :) max is gorgeous xxxx

Hahaha was tempted but Frank doesn't go with castle too well. And everyone says max castle sounds like a detectives name or a superheros name. So I'm pretty content with that! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->