Maxi cosi car seat anyone else has got this problem?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
The buckle gets into Josh's thighs and makes huge marks. Doesn't look comfy at all poor thing... I've tried several things but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. They say it's up to 22 lbs but I think he's outgrown it now.

Anyone else has this problem? It just seem weirdly made.

i don't have a maxi cosie car seat hun, just an idea for you you know the shoulder pads you get in the car seat to stop it rubbing on their necks why not see if you can fit them over the leg bit, u might not be able to get it over to that bit i don't know maybe if u cut down the seam and swear in poppers or velcorw (sp?) or something.

Sorry if that makes no sence what so ever

no, but I will keep an eye out for it at a later date and let you know x

Hm, we dont have a Maxi Cosi, but that doesn't sound comfortable at all. He can probably go into a convertible car seat now anyway though. Erica has still got lots of room in her car seat, but I've already been shopping for a convertible seat.

Colton's does the same.. I loosen it alittle on his legs :blush: bad bad bad.
He is outgrown his car seat though. His goes to 22lbs, but I know he is probably 22-23lbs now; but we will see.. he goes to the doctor in like 12 hours.

I have this car seat and there's a padded foam bit you can take out of the bottom of the inset that supports their head (if that makes sense!) - just discovered this last week when I was reading the manual. You may have already done this but I've found Katie is a lot more comfortable since i removed it.

The next carseats go from 20lb + I have one ready for Moo

I wouldn't move baby over to any other carseat until he is more of the weight required for the next not a tiny bit under. Safety first.

Sammy181 could you explain more you've said the bottle the where the head supports which is top - I never knew this?

Anyone know if you have to use the head cosy?!

I thought that some of the convertible car seats, like the Maxi Cosi Priori is from birth. As long as it is rear facing until a certain weight. :blush: I might be really wrong tho!

When Katie was born she there was the bit that she sat on and then there was the bit joined onto it that supported her head. When she got bigger i just lifted the whole thing out and moved it all up the back. Katie looked really uncomfortable and when I read the manual it said there was a foam bit inside and sure enough I opened it and there was a square section of foam. I'm not very good at explaining! I'm hoping it will last her until she's 9 months.

I also got the next size up maxicosi in mothercare a few weeks ago when it had £50 off but i think that offers over now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->