Maxi cosi mura 3 - has anyone got one?

WW1

Mum to a little lady x
Reaction score
DH and I went out yesterday and had a look at a variety of pushchairs. We quite liked the look of the maxi cosi mura 3 - does anyone have one and if so what do you think?

good pushchair, needs a large boot as although wheels do come off is bit of a faf. Find is good on all terrains although getting a little heavy with 9 month in it. Also I struggle to lift it into my car. Jogger city is a 3 wheel lightweight folds really easily, good sun rain shield- suitable from birth and you can get adaptors to fit maxicosi car seat on. Im looking for one second hand at the moment for us to take on holiday. good luck x

i have it and love it.. cant fault it at all!!! i use it mostly with the car seat attached, it s good solid easy to manouvre and funky pram!

Does anybody know if you can get a mattress that fits inside the pram carry cot? Am probably going to use this for daytime naps downstairs x

the hard pram body comes with a lovely mattress already, not sure about the soft carrycot
(i have the hard base one for sale at min, only used on 2 occassions if you are interested)

Dear NIfirsttimer - I know yours was an old post, but I'm trying to find a maxi-cosi mura in Northern Ireland and nowhere seems to stock them!! can I ask where you got yours?!!

hi!!
yep i got mine online. at the time (about 6 months ago) mothercare in bangor had them instore but they dont anymore. i can never understand why more people dont have them its the best pram i know of! i use it every single day, and still cant fault it!! (well.. maybe a bigger shopping basket would be nice but i just bought a clip for bags so no biggie!)
i ordered the various bits from different online stores, i think it was kiddiecare & precious little one? TBH we didnt really use the carrycot bit, but ruby was a summer baby so i think thats why.. i just sold it this week, we used the car seat in the chassis loads, and have just moved her into the main seat unit last week and its SO comfy!
where abouts in NI are you? you are welcome to come & try mine out if you want lol...

yep they do :) thats how i got mine, i think the PP wants to find one to try out first tho maybe,..#

Hi,

We went to Mothercare World yesterday and liked the Mothercare My Choice 3. I have just been looking at reviews on the Mothercare website and they are not very good! Apparently the handle gets stuck and scratched easily and the car seat gets stuck, also the pram part isn't comfy.

The Maxi-Cosi Mura 3 and 4 look similar but I didn't see any yesterday. I just wondered how light and small it is (the reason I like the My Choice), as I am only 5ft2!

Does anyone know any shops that have it on show, so I can have a look/test?

i wouldnt class is as a small & light pram.. but thats not what i wanted
its not too heavy for me to lift in & out of our (quite high) boot, and it defo doesnt feel heavy to push, the seat unit, carry cot & car seat click easily in and out with no force required, just takes a few goes to figure out the angle at the start, once youve got that its easy!
it folds up quite small.. we have a big boot but it goes in my sisters ford focus no probs, both the chassis and the full seat unit fit together in the boot space.

stockists seem to be mostly online for some odd reason.. but i guess if you called maxi cosi they would know who keeps them in your area?
https://www.maxi-cosi.com/maxicosi/dealers.aspx

theres also a few handy videos that show it in all its glory!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2KU7-8f7VI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMEc7miu83Q

how exciting that was my first reply on babyandbump, i'm a newbie!! i have seen maxi-cosi mura online but want to try one out first of all, it sounds really good. I phoned mothercare, smyths, toysRus, all the big ones and none of them stock it! very annoying that bangor used to! I'll give them a ring, so far the only place in NI i can find that have one is an independent place in Newry, which isn;t ideal as i'm on the North coast!!
I'll persevere and phone some more places!!
we also looked at the mothercare MY3 and was put off by bad reviews, but i asked about the comfort of the carry cot bit and they said they sell pram mattresses, so one could be fitted as a separate part to make it better for a newborn :)

well if you are ever in belfast you are more than welcome to come try mine out lol!!

thank you so much for that offer Nifirsttimer!! however, today i had amazing luck - I got phone numbers for a whole pile of places all over NI and was all set to ring them up, then I called the local place just in case and lo and behold they had one in stock!! so hoorah, went in with hubby and tried it out and we're definitely going for it!! :) it seems far easier than the mothercare my3, the mechanisms for attaching everything are really easy to use and i love the way it folds down but the handle stays upright, so you could wheel it if necessary!
thanks for your help!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->