May have to give up running soon, not happy

Happyveggie

Reaction score
So I've been running about five times a week up until now (25 weeks today) but despite doing pelvic floor exercises and running on trails only (no metalled roads), I noticed a bit of leakage this morning. This makes me sad. :cry:

I know its for the best if I stop running now until after the birth but its going to make me pretty miserable. Running is the only thing that has made me feel 'normal', I know its done me good both psychologically and physically. I'm scared I'm going to turn into a nightmare to live with if I stop!! Just wondering what exercise other people have done in the later stages of pregnancy? I hate swimming and too scared to cycle as we live in the country and the roads are very narrow.

Low impact cardio, leg/arm tension workouts and pregnancy yoga could be helpful. I might still take a week or so off with your feet up. Good luck

im a runner too, and at 20 weeks i have pretty much stopped running :( my pelvic floor is taking a beating..

so ive moved on to swimming and also road cycling.

Could you just slow run whilst wearing a pad?

I run but at the gym so on a Treadmill. I only have any bladder issues if I need to poo

I weightlift and do lots of brisk walking (at least 20,000 steps a day). I can't even trot or jog let alone run, it's way too painful!

You could run with a lower impact? Or just brisk walks where you alternate a bit and run for 30-60 secs every few minutes?

There are lots of workout DVDs for pregnancy of low impact aerobics with lots of weight training and squats and things that don't require that much energy but leave you with tight arms and legs and a stronger core. Maybe look into that and brisk walking so you can still go out and have that relaxing time.

Yeah, can't you wear a pad or liner while running?

Otherwise power walking?

Thanks ladies. Feeling a lot more positive today. Just been for 70 min power walk on lunch break and signed up to work gym so I can use the cycling machine. I don't want to wear pads and keep running as don't want to risk doing permanent damage to pelvic floor (I had problems after my son was born so it's weak anyway). Feel bad moaning when some people can't do anything when pregnant, but was just feeling down yesterday. Thanks for your support

I had to stop running at about 20 weeks and would do power walking/hiking instead. Don't worry, it will come back once baby is born. I will be doing Ironman Canada when my LO is 7.5 months old. If you are fit before pregnancy you will bounce back quickly!

I'm a distance runner too and I can't run for the last few weeks. I'm a monster pretty much lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->