May I pop over here?

Welcome! I have the same feelings about "what if I waited too long". I am 36 and my DH & I have been TTC for 7 cycles (appears that we are heading into the 8th cycle). :( We just got married in April but have been together since '09. We have one cat and lives in a suburb of Columbus, OH. Hope your stay is short and hoping we all get BFPs soon .

Neighbor!! :) I grew up in Mansfield and moved up here to go to UofA in 1994 :)

Hiya there neighbor!! :wave: I only get up to the area these days to go see a baseball game or to see some sites in Cleveland.

Ok, I usually just lurk on this board, as I am not 35 until the end of December, and didn't want to be disrespectful to the wonderful ladies on this board by jumping in too "young." But I want you to know how comforting it was to read your posts, italianqtpie. I pretty much could have written exactly the same things myself! I have also been childless by choice until now (although I've always dreamed of the day I would become a mother), was focused on career, bought a house in my late 20's, met my husband the next year, got married in late 2008. I'm also a Buckeye :hi: - and like jaywalk16 I live in a suburb of Columbus. We have great friends who live near Cleveland, in Lyndhurst. Other things you wrote that really resonated with me were being pessimistic about yourself but optimistic for others - that's me to a T! And I also get the planning way, way ahead, for things that you might not even need. I'm already seriously thinking about whether I would want to try to adopt domestically or internationally should it come to that being the way we need to create our family! :book:

Since I've sort of high-jacked your thread and started to introduced myself, and since I don't really hold out much hope that I will see a BFP before I see 35 candles on a birthday cake :cake: , I will just keep going. :winkwink: I went off the pill in January of this year, had two perfect cycles during which we were using condoms while waiting for an insurance policy to kick in (which wouldn't cover things if we conceived in those two months :dohh: ). Then I had a 39-day anov cycle, then a 55 day cycle (O on CD 38), and now am on CD 53 with no sign of O in sight. Have a doctor's appointment with a new OB/GYN next Thursday to hopefully start figuring things out. :wacko:

I don't have any pets, but I can bake with the best of 'em!

Good luck to all the amazing ladies here!!

:dust::dust::dust:

Hiya there neighbor!! :wave: I only get up to the area these days to go see a baseball game or to see some sites in Cleveland.

I hope you come up to a game sometime soon :)

Ok, I usually just lurk on this board, as I am not 35 until the end of December, and didn't want to be disrespectful to the wonderful ladies on this board by jumping in too "young." But I want you to know how comforting it was to read your posts, italianqtpie. I pretty much could have written exactly the same things myself! I have also been childless by choice until now (although I've always dreamed of the day I would become a mother), was focused on career, bought a house in my late 20's, met my husband the next year, got married in late 2008. I'm also a Buckeye :hi: - and like jaywalk16 I live in a suburb of Columbus. We have great friends who live near Cleveland, in Lyndhurst. Other things you wrote that really resonated with me were being pessimistic about yourself but optimistic for others - that's me to a T! And I also get the planning way, way ahead, for things that you might not even need. I'm already seriously thinking about whether I would want to try to adopt domestically or internationally should it come to that being the way we need to create our family! :book:

Since I've sort of high-jacked your thread and started to introduced myself, and since I don't really hold out much hope that I will see a BFP before I see 35 candles on a birthday cake :cake: , I will just keep going. :winkwink: I went off the pill in January of this year, had two perfect cycles during which we were using condoms while waiting for an insurance policy to kick in (which wouldn't cover things if we conceived in those two months :dohh: ). Then I had a 39-day anov cycle, then a 55 day cycle (O on CD 38), and now am on CD 53 with no sign of O in sight. Have a doctor's appointment with a new OB/GYN next Thursday to hopefully start figuring things out. :wacko:

Well, sounds like you're my long lost twin , but 3 months younger ;) Let me know what questions you're asking your OB. I was just there in June for my annual and wonder what I say if i want to go in for other options if we don't get pregnant soon?

I think i'm out for this first month, my face is breaking out like a 12 year old and I have been digging around in "there" and had a little blood on the qtip so I assume :witch: will visit me in a few days .

I will be okay once I start, I think the novelty of always being scared to "try" showed me who was boss this month! :dohh:

I'm a bit late to this thread, but welcome! As the others have said, lots of luck and :dust: to you and I hope your stay here is short. :flower:

I hope you come up to a game sometime soon :)

Well, sounds like you're my long lost twin , but 3 months younger ;) Let me know what questions you're asking your OB. I was just there in June for my annual and wonder what I say if i want to go in for other options if we don't get pregnant soon?

I think i'm out for this first month, my face is breaking out like a 12 year old and I have been digging around in "there" and had a little blood on the qtip so I assume :witch: will visit me in a few days .

I will be okay once I start, I think the novelty of always being scared to "try" showed me who was boss this month! :dohh:

I think you ladies are like my long lost twins too...make that the triplets. LOL. And the wonderful part is we are all neighnbors. I love my international TTC buddies but there is something extra when there are women that are close in age going through the similar experiences of TTC. I would love to buddy up with you both to support each other on. Whatcha ladies say??

Much like italianqtpie, I am a lotta OCD. We are working on our house and I am organizing with my OCD. Totally trying to get the house ready for us but also if we can get an addition soon. We have a room that we call "the room in waiting". I am already thinking of ideas for a nursery.

I am totally pessimistic about yourself but optimistic for others too. I even went so far as looking at insurance as well to see if it would cover infertility (it doesn't, by the way). I am out for this past cycle as the :witch: got me 2 days ago. Onto the 8th cycle! And I got a nice spot of my chin now making me feel like a teenager!

Btw, I hope to come to a game soon too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->