Maya Wrap? Ring Sling opinions

RandaPanda

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Maya wrap? If so, what do you think of it? Or what do you think of ring slings in general? I've read mixed reviews on the support and safety of using ring slings with very little ones like newborns, so I'm not sure I would use it right away. But I might add one to my collection because it looks easier to use than my Moby, and I also have an Ergo but am not using it until DS is approx. 4 months old.

Someone in my area is selling their Maya for $30 and I am scheduled to pick it up today (they retail for $80+tax). For that deal, would you buy one??

I don't have a maya wrap, I've got the moby and i love it. Completely in love with wraps. I had a ring sling and I didn't get on with it at all, I wouldn't use it with a new born either, I did however like the wrap with my newborn! I would buy the wrap, it sounds like a good deal and i don't think you could go wrong with a wrap carrier x

Thanks! Sorry, I should have clarified that the Maya "wrap" is actually ring style.

https://www.mayawrap.com/shop/maya-wrap-baby-sling-new.html

My SIL loved ring slings, but I know they're not for everyone. I might get it for the $30 though and see if it works for me, and if not, I can always sell it for the same $ on one of my mom group Facebook pages :)

I'm not a big fan of the ring slings. I'd be worried about baby being secure. But I love the idea of baby wearing, especially since DS2 seems like he must always be on me/in my arms that I can't get anything done. So I've been looking at this and will most likely get it.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/19852757

I didn't get on with ring slings for dd. I have dodgy hips and with being on one shoulder it would throw my hips out so would result in hip ache after long wearing (more than 30 minutes)

It was great for quick throw on to hold lo while doing something though, like walking from car into somewhere, or popping baby in while hanging washing etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->