Mayday/St.Heliers/St.Georges...

N

Neecee

Has anyone had any experience at any of these hospitals' maternity units? I've been in Mayday (not for maternity though) and was pretty unimpressed with the care there. I want to have a look around the Mayday Birthing Centre and the St.Georges Birthing Centre, and I've never had any experience with St.Heliers.

I've looked at reviews online for the hospitals in my area, but I can only seem to find old, bad reviews. Anyone been to any of these lately or know of anyone who has? The reviews are scaring me!

I have to give birth at Mayday... the birthing centre is lovely and all the midwives and doctors were very reassuring and nice (I had to go there a few weeks back cos of reduced movements)... Everyone always has horror stories when it comes to after the birth but my mum will be with me so hopefully I'll be ok even if im one of the unlucky ones who gets a rude midwife.

Yeah, my mum's a midwife, so I know I'll have one with me all the time, but I'm just concerned about care, professionalism, cleanliness etc...

My best mate had her first in mayday and never again! I must say i wasn't impressed with it. With her next two she was "passing" st thomas' when she went into labour. I'm having my baby at st thomas' which is where i was born, my little brother was born and i Havent heard anything bad about it. I have always been treated good there and its always clean and tidy.

Hmmm I had my two daughters in Maday and they were good with the first one and I had a clean room and a lovely midwife but with the 2nd it was a horrible experience but maybe because there was so much truma around her birth, Ive got friends that have recently given birth in the new birthing centre and said that it was really lovely and the rooms are very clean, I think it just depends how lucky you are on the day to be honest hun, Good Luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->