• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May's Munchkins 2015

How is everyone doing? I can't believe Ian is almost 6 months old!!! He can roll from front to back and enjoys tummy time but does not show any signs he is going to crawl. He sits well as long as there is something to bounce off of to help him balance. He loves his jumper saucer and chats and chats and chats. :) He likes rice cerial and he likes peas. He loves baby oat meal and he loves sweet potatoes and he is pretty sure he likes pears but not always too sure. He HATES avocado lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20150824_182921[2].jpg
    IMG_20150824_182921[2].jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 3
Elliot is 5 months tomorrow. Weighed him yesterday and he's 18lb so doing well. He is breastfed still and we plan to start him on solids in about a month. He is a cheerful baby who loves his jumperoo and his sister. He was sleeping well - doing 7 hours at a time - but that changed a couple of weeks ago and he now wakes every 2 - 3 hours. I'm hoping this is because he has a cold. He doesn't like taking a bottle much but has his first trial session at creche tomorrow so will be interesting to see how it goes. I'm doing ok most of the time but having 2 can be difficult at times. Think my daughter gets a bit lonely at times as she was used to being at nursery full time before and is there less now. I am due back at work in Feb. I wanted to take 12 months but OH wants me to go back at 9. That got me down for a while but I'm hoping to use annual leave to take a day a week off when I return. After that I will be back full time which is depressing.

Hi ladies. My lo is 5 months old and just under 14lbs. She sleeps pretty well- about 9 hours at night. She is still breastfed but HATES all food at this point. All of my others are cereal and purees ar this point but I'm trying every week or so. So far no luck! She can roll o er belly to back and loves to hold on to her toes. Time is flying by!!

Hello everyone! Collin is almost 6 months old! Can't believe how old he is already, he rolls front to back and back to front. Loves to try and crawl but so far only goes backwards. We're still ebf, and trying to switch him to his own bed is not happening lol! He's a cuddler, plan on starting blw after 6mo. Got the say so from hubby that eventually he would like a 3rd! Though we will be wtt for quite a while as we like the age gap we have with our two boys now. I'm currently sick as a dog and have to go on a plain back home Sunday with the little and am.really hoping to be feeling well by then. He is a little jabber jaws. I do have to wonder for those of you who are bfing and nurse to sleep or maybe this is just an in general thing for babies his age do they try to scratch pinch punch poke prod at you?! Sometimes it just gets me so frustrated... almost to the point of wanting to stop. This isn't like a once in a great while thing. This is every nap and bed time and I don't know how much more I can deal with it!
Hope everyone else is doing fantastic!

I do have to wonder for those of you who are bfing and nurse to sleep or maybe this is just an in general thing for babies his age do they try to scratch pinch punch poke prod at you?! Sometimes it just gets me so frustrated... almost to the point of wanting to stop.!

My LO does that too! Sometimes he will catch me off guard with a super hard pinch to the other nipple and I have accidentally lost my "cool" and yelled out in pain! (and that made him cry :( ) My boobs look like they have been attacked by a kitten they are all scratched up and even a few tiny baby pinch sized bruises. I try to just get him to hold my fingers to keep his little pinchey hands occupied. Well, and I try to keep him fingernails short and sanded

Aw its loovely to see all the updates ladies!!.

Wyatt is 7 & 1/2 months old now! He's so close to sitting up unaided, in fact he can sit up if he thinks your holding him but as soon as he realises he's not being supported he flops to the floor lol. He can stand really well too with just his hands being held. He was 16lbs 12oz at his last weigh in. He is sleeping 14+ hours a night and is just the most wonderful little boy ever!.

We are planning on TTC in the next 5 months!! Anyone else planning their next little one???

Here are some pictures of him <3 <3

https://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag3/ForWyattLeo/Mobile%20Uploads/13oct17_zpsjet9qf5x.png~original

https://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag3/ForWyattLeo/Mobile%20Uploads/05oct5_zpshsrnprgl.jpg~original

https://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag3/ForWyattLeo/Mobile%20Uploads/01oct7_zpsbt1fvktr.jpg~original

He's come such a long way since he was that teeny tiny premature baby born at 31 weeks <3

I do have to wonder for those of you who are bfing and nurse to sleep or maybe this is just an in general thing for babies his age do they try to scratch pinch punch poke prod at you?! Sometimes it just gets me so frustrated... almost to the point of wanting to stop.!

My LO does that too! Sometimes he will catch me off guard with a super hard pinch to the other nipple and I have accidentally lost my "cool" and yelled out in pain! (and that made him cry :( ) My boobs look like they have been attacked by a kitten they are all scratched up and even a few tiny baby pinch sized bruises. I try to just get him to hold my fingers to keep his little pinchey hands occupied. Well, and I try to keep him fingernails short and sanded

Yes!! My lo pinches and scratches and tries to push away from me while also eating. I've heard that teething necklaces that mom wears can actually keep them distracted. Obviously not chewing on them but playing with them. I may try that.

Miss- he is so cute! We are not having anymore so no ttc for us. However, I got pregnant with my 2nd around my 1sts 1st birthday (which sounds like when you'll start trying) and I found the age gap to be perfect. :)

Oh and miss I am so jealous of your 14 hour nights!!! :) all of my other three were like that but not this one. I can't quite figure if out but knowing she's my last gives me more patience.

It will be around or just after Wyatts first birthday Kazy, we have a holiday booked in May so I don't mind being early on when we go if were lucky enough to get pregnant right away.

He is such a good sleeper!! He has his bed time routine and come 8pm he can't keep his little eyes open :haha:

My mommy brain is awful and I'm on my phone so I can't keep all of your posts straight. Allyson will be 5mos in a few days. She is approx 14lbs. Mostly brestfed (she is also a nipple puller and scratcher. Whoever said their boobs looks like they got attacked by a kitten, i am right there with ya). She recently started a bit of baby cereal and has one bottle of formula a night. She is not a great sleeper. Mostly catnaps during the day and sleeps up to 8 hrs straight at night. But each night is different. Some nights she goes down late and sometimes vey late, lol. Some nights she doesn't wake to eat and sometimes she wakes 3 times. We had stopped cosleeping for a bit but we are back to it now. She sleeps best next to me. I truly hope she becomes a better sleeper soon. I am exhausted (my name is very fitting atm) and I have a bit of ppd to deal with. Overall she is a sweet little baby and we love her so much. She is overly attached to me though and doesn't let others hold her very long and heaven forbid I leave the room. Besides the sleeping and being attached to me she is doing really well. She rolls all around the floor and is trying to sit up but isnt too good at it. She grabs and chew on everything and is very vocal. She loves her sister and loves when we sing to her. I'm not planning any more babies. I love my miracles but I'm not sure I can handle another,lol.

Attachments

• 20151017_153126.jpg
    20151017_153126.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2
oh ya - I am done having kiddos :) I love love love my boys but my back cannot handle another pregnancy or infant. I don't know how I am even going to manage when Ian is a toddler :wacko:

Speaking of back pain. Anyone else have back pain now after pregnancy?? My neck and shoulders have been killing me. Chiropractor isn't helping and xrays showed nothing. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow so hopefully I find out soon what's going on, but was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

Kazy - my back pain is a chronic issue I have been dealing with for years now. So that is different. BUT I might suggest that if you are breastfeeding you may need better support to keep the strain off your neck and shoulders. Maybe even better support if you are bottle feeding will help. (like the pillows kind of support, not "go Kazy go!" kind of support lol)

That's what I was thinking too. I saw my gp today and it felt useless. She did send an order for ohysicla therapy but I need to see what it will cost. And I have a massage scheduled next Monday! Woohoo

Sorry I haven't been catching up on the updates! Sara is doing great, she will be 5 months on the 28th. She is sticking around the 50th percentiles in everything, which seems huge after DS was a prem. She nurses like a champ (although her latch is a bit lazy due to my oversupply). She is well on her way to sitting, she sits assisted all the time and has periods of sitting unassisted. She rolls from back to front and gets around pretty good with her back end, although her arms are just not up to it yet. She moved several feet across the floor today, I just looked and she'd moved way away from her blanket, not sure how....I then watched intently as she rotated 360 degrees pushing around with her legs.

We cosleep and she always slept on her back with arms up by her head, never an issue although she is swaddled and strapped into swing for naps. Last night was the first night she rolled to her belly. I have always thought if they can roll on their own it is fine, but it didn't help me freaking out and checking her breathing periodically. I eventually rolled her over and fed her, but only because she was crowding me and DS out.

I'm loving all the updates!

Oliver turned six months on the 17th! I can't believe how fast time has flown by already. He is around 20 lbs now and goes in for his 6mnth check on November 9. He rolls front to back and back to front, can sit up unassisted for very short periods, and loves food! He is breastfed and tries new food every week or so. There isn't a vegetable or fruit he hasn't liked yet! He's obsessed with avocado though and he already has his 2 bottom teeth, too. He is also a mommy's boy and cries when I leave the room and only stays with other ppl for 15 mins or less at a time. He sleeps almost all night. Goes down around 7:30 wakes around 2 to nurse then goes back to sleep until about 6:15. Since we cosleep, he seems to know when I get out of bed! It drives me a little crazy that he can't sleep alone or with his sister for more than 10 mins!

2 kids under 2 has definitely been more stressful for me than I imagined. I am taking it day by day and try to remind myself to savor these moments. My almost 2 year old is becoming a much better helper and I've been reminding myself to give her more 1on1 attention which seems to make the days go smoother. Thank goodness it seems to be getting easier as they both get older!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 5
I love reading all the updates! So glad to see everyone is doing well! My Zach turned 5 months on the 16th of October and is doing well! He rolls halfway but hasn't quite mastered rolling all the way over yet. He sleeps 8 hours at night and breastfeeds with supplementation with formula. Since I went back to work, my supply dropped significantly so we needed to supplement. He will sit upright with a bit of support but doesn't do it independently yet.

I am so in love with my little boy! He is just the best baby to us. And I too cannot believe how fast the time has gone! It just seems like yesterday we were counting down the days to delivery! <3

Saying Hello to everyone!! Koreena will be 9 months next week. Time has flown!!

Attachments

• reena2.jpg
    reena2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2
Aw, look at Koreena! So cute! I cannot believe how big all our babies are getting too! Zach will be 9 months on the 16th of this month. I just stopped nursing him and I miss it. He has 4 teeth and is on the go constantly. I am kind of sad because he doesn't sit still anymore so I can't just hold him anymore. He grew up too fast!

How is everyone else?

Aww lovely updates!!

Wyatt is 10 & 1/2 months old! I can't believe it's his first birthday in 6 weeks time!!. I don't know where this year has gone!!

He has just cut his first tooth and his second is just about to break through!. He can wave bye bye and say babye, he says dad constantly sometimes dada but usually just dad lol he also says dooh for dog but still refuses to say mama he like to say mmmmmmm dad :haha:

He such a little character refuses to eat anything but porridge of a spoon so is mostly baby led weaning now and is still a perfect sleeper we are sooooo lucky he has slept 14 hours a night from 4 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->