Me and my pregnancy, hopes and fears!

CMIL

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just thought I would make my first post an introductory one. I got married at the start of June after being with my husband for 5 years. We started trying immediately but were not optomistic because it took my mum and dad 5 years to have my brother and then 7 years to have me. It also took my brother over a year to concieve his son. I know fertility problems arent necessarily hereditary but you can't help worrying! The first month of trying I absolutely convinced myself I was pregnant...I thought I had all kinds of symptoms and when my period arrived, the disappointment was crushing. It was then that I decided I would not let myself get into that state again.

So to the 2nd month of trying. My period was due on Monday 3rd August. On Monday I met up with my friend but told her there was no way I was pregnant because I had those really low period pains that always meant I was going to come on imminently. By Tuesday evening I started to get a little excited but kept it tempered. I had agreed with myself that I wouldnt test until the Saturday. By Wednesday evening I had started to get really excited but was still trying to put it to the back of my mind. By Thursday on my way home from work, I was convinced so I stopped and got a pregnancy test and run home to do it straight away. It doesnt matter that you have been actively trying and therefore should almost expect it when it happens....when you see those pink lines, it hits you like a train as I am sure you will all agree. I had to hold the wall to steady me.

I calmly wrote out a 'To Daddy, I love you' card and took it up to my husband. It was the most amazing moment of my life! So emotional.

And so here I am. I reckon I am 7 weeks and 4 days. My booking appointment is next Wednesday. I havent told a soul, we both agreed that we wanted to wait until the 12 week scan was okay. We have arranged for my husbands parents to visit for the weekend of her birthday at the start of October and if all goes well, we will give her a card with the scan picture in. It will be their first grandchild.

Symptoms wise, my main one has been tiredness. I am going to bed at 8.30 and just cant get enough sleep. I am also really bloated and have put on quite a few pounds. I have had bad wind and in general, my nausea has been very, very mild except 2 occasions where I felt like I could vomit but didnt. The week I found out (week 5) I did have quite a lot of abdominal pain which came and went but since then I havent had much pain at all and of course, sometimes this worries me but I have to be patient. About a week and half ago there was some very light spotting but nothing since then.

And thats me! I still dont think the pregnancy has sunk in. I am trying to just live life normally and not be too cautious. After all, some women are on drugs and are partying hard through nearly their entire pregnancy and still go on to have a healthy baby. For example I had festival scheduled last weekend. I did go and I did worry about the loud music and unrelenting sunshine and so on but I dont want to tiptoe around as I am worried where it will end.

I am trying to keep labour in perspective and hope I can continue to do so but I am more worried (and I hate myself for how vain it is) about the effects on my body. I rely on being slim and having a nice figure for my confidence so much and I cant help worrying how breasts that are no longer as full or stretch marks might affect mine and my husbands sex life and intimacy in the future.

It really is a lot to take in, no matter how well prepared you thought you were.

Hey CMIL, congratulations on your pregnancy and thanks for sharing your story. Its lovely when you hear happy tales instead of the usual "it took us 3 years to conceive" It took me about 20 months!!
I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy and dont worry about your figure. I think happy Mothers are all beautiful, no matter how their body looks.

Hi there and congratulations hun welcome to the board hope you have a h&h pregnancy :) xx

:hi: CMIL. Congratulations! I know exactly what you mean about taking it in. I don't think it has properly sunk in for me yet. I got BFP 1st month of 'seeing what happens' so I think I was expecting to have a lot longer to get my head around it all!

That was a nice post! Welcome and Congratulations!

I agree, it hits you like a ton of bricks!

Nicola xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->