Meal ideas for home cooking

KimE

mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi everyone :hi:

Pops is 5 1/2 months old and I started weaning early due to reflux and HV advice. DH is away at the moment until April (he's in the Army and therefore is away quite a lot) and I have to admit that I don't really cook much at all whilst he is gone and my eating habits are terrible!:dohh: I live in Germany and hate to admit that I still find supermarket shopping daunting and because I don't live anywhere near family for support or help am super tired at the end of each day (which is why I can never be bothered to get off my arse and cook!!)

Anyway,the question is (I know, I know - get to the point! :wacko:) does anyone have any meal ideas for 6 months and over that I can make easily at home and freeze? The more simple the better! She is on jars at the moment cos she turns her nose up at my purees but I want to start cooking for her (even if I don't for me :dohh:) I am also concerned about making sure she has a balanced and nutritious diet as I certainly haven't.

TIA :hugs: xxx

PS: I am following the traditional weaning of spoon feeding but also have this week started giving her fruit as finger food which she loves gumming. She also has her own spoon which she uses to feed herself as well as me doin it.

spag bol
cottage pie
casserole, with thickened up sauce
pasta in sauces, with tomato, and cheses
fish pie
things like chicken and mushroom soup too - just make it thicken than what we would have

these are all pretty easy to maker and can be amde in batches and frozen

spag bol
cottage pie
casserole, with thickened up sauce
pasta in sauces, with tomato, and cheses
fish pie
things like chicken and mushroom soup too - just make it thicken than what we would have

these are all pretty easy to maker and can be amde in batches and frozen

Thanks Lisa, they all sound great :thumbup: Where do you tend to get your recipes from or did you just adapt "normal" ones to suit Izzy's age (when she was younger)?

I got the annabel karmel complete baby & toddler meal planner book which is good for recipes and ideas - but to be honest so far I haven't really used the actual recipes!
I just make it as I go..just bung the normal ingredients in, without anything she cant have, and just do like 1/4 or half of what I would for a meal for Dan and I..then store it in the freezer.

That has worked out fine so far seeing as she has been having 1 meal other than breakfast, but when i go up another meal I will use her other book top 100 finger foods for some lunch ideas as there are great things in there.

I got some Avent Via pots which are the ideal size for Izzy right now, as they hold about the amount she eats in a meal and can go in freezer & microwave!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->