Meals

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
I could use a bit of help. I have been surviving on 1 meal a day and I'm pretty sure it's not good for us but I don't know what to do. This morning I sat here reading and trying to get some soda crackers down with both water and gingerale... as soon as I got up to go out to the living room I was sick. Once I settled from that I managed to keep down 6 veggie crackers and a tablespoon of cream cheese until dinner. OH gets home and at my request makes me mac'n'cheese ( me thinking I can keep it down) It took me a full hour and a half of sitting on the couch after dinner to not be sick, basically for me to be able to get up and make my way to the bedroom.

Please if you have any suggestions, help a girl out... I don't know how much more of this I can deal with.

Yeah, same results as when I sat and read this am. The doctor has given me a prescription for something but I'm hearing all sorts of bad things about taking anything for morning sickness. The other issue is that I'm traveling to the coast, a 12 hour drive and I've been having brutal motions sickness lately too... Has anyone had any luck with the bands for motions sickness. I haven't tried them before bc this has never been an issue. I'm so not looking forward to my trip right now.

hiya!

I would see you doc, he/she should be able to give you soemthing. My friend was given something and she swears 15 minutes later all her sickness was gone!

hey i just wanted to say i agree with the others, that you should consult with the doc but i have also had the doc tell me through out the first tri that you shouldnt worry too much about how much you eat at this stage. just try stay hydrated and eat what you can. i was very sick in the beginning tho i didnt throw up often, i just couldnt eat much at all and i was worried about the baby not getting enough- but the doctor said not to worry.

hope that helps

When you have bad morning sickness you're normally advised to eat little and often. If you can't keep a meal down then just have healthy, neutral snacks without strong tastes or smells which could trigger it. You could also try taking a prenatal vitamin if it will stay down but don't worry too much. Lot's of people can't eat properly in the first tri and lose weight but the baby will still take what it needs from you so it's just your body which will suffer. I also agree with everyone else that you should maybe see a doctor who might give you something to help.

Hopefully this will end for you soon... I had a friend who couldnt even keep water down her doc gave her a perscription but if you can avoid that I would. I was very ill as well not actually getting sick just feeling very sick all day I couldnt eat much of anything, but they say in the beginning the baby is so small it dosent need much make sureyou take your vitamins... I hope you get better soon :hugs:

Oh you poor thing, I hope your doctor can help you and the sickness ends soon. Take care x

Thank you everyone for the responses. I have been worried about taking anything for it because I didn't want to hurt the baby. But all of you have reassured me that I can so I think that I will try filling the prescription and see if that helps. Thanks

I'm actually wearing the motion sickness bands now, because they help me a little bit with the all day "morning" sickness. While I haven't actually been physically sick, I am nauseas pretty much all day every day. The bands help quite a bit! And my poor baby seems to be surviving on ice water, saltines, and vanilla ice cream!

You shoud try to eat small meals regularly packed with protein, that should help you hun! :hugs:x

Thanks Everyone. I think that the diclectin is what the doctor prescribed, I can't really read the prescription. I managed the trip (drive) ok, ended up getting sick in the last 10 min on the ferry boat that was no fun. I was finally able to get a meal into me and it' s now been a whole day since I've been sick! I'm planning on picking up some of the sea bands for the ride back just to make sure I've got my bases covered. And of all the strange things I was told to try by the nurses service I called was watermelon!

Thanks again Everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->