Meaning of Abbreviations....PLEASE HELP

mummaof2bumps

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a newbie to this site and have come across abreviations that I do not know. I have figured some out, one that I recall off the top of my head that I dont know is FRER. I would greatly appreciate it if some helpful ladies could list a some of the most used BnB abreviations and their meaning. Thank you very much in advance:blush:

Would also like some pointers on how to create the things at the bottom of a post/reply that show kids names/ages ext. Thanks

FRER = first response early result (a pregnancy test brand)
HPT = home pregnancy test
BFP/N = big fat positive/negative
AF = aunt flow ie. Period
O = ovulation
LP = luteal phase
CD = cycle day
DPO = days past ovulation
OPK = ovulation predictor kit
BBT= basal body thermometer/temperature
DD/S/H = dear daughter/son/husband
OH = other half

I think those are the most important! There is a post on the main page about abbreviations :)

Not totally sure about the footnotes :)

FRER: First response early results
CM: cervical mucus
EWCM: egg white cervical mucus
DTD: Do the deed
DPO: Day post ovulation
O: ovulation
DS: Son
DD: Daughter
FF: Fertility friend
SO: Significant other
DH: husband
BFP: positive pregnancy test
BFN: Negative pregnancy test
OPK: Ovulation predictor kit
This is all I can think of as of right now.
The things at the bottom of post' is called a signature you should look at your public profile then click on "customize profile"
I'm new here too pretty much, maybe someone else has more info and I can learn more too. :)

I'll add
CP- cervical position
BD- baby dance
CD- cycle day

Thank you all very much ladies! I was really wondering what BDing meant, lol. I will have a much easier time deciphering posts:).

For sure!! How this cycle going for you?

Hi jzgrace, this cycle just started yesterday, after AF being 10 days late and giving me false hope:(. It was my 3rd AF after my MC is October and now im worried my cycles will be getting longer. On the brightside I have purchased a CBFM, and this is my first cycle using it. I am hoping I will be able to pinpoint my fertile days. As the OPKs never gave me a happy face so I was just winging it;).

It feels great to have other ladies to share with and discuss things with. As I know my DH gets tired of hearing me go on about this whole AF and TTC thing.

Enough about me, how is your cycle going? How long have you been TTC?

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I think I may have had a mc but I can't be positive. OH and I have been TTA for almost four years now. And I had really bad cramps after DTD then a bad bleed during. But I just thought it was due to sex though I'm not so sure now after paying so much more attention to my body than ever. We just started TTC this cycle. So not long at all but I have been learning about ttc for about 7/8 months. I have two girls 14/9. From a previous relationship, and my OH has never had his own. He us freaked out about the whole TTC thing, so I don't talk to him about it much. He just does the BD when I turn on the music. Lol I agree with you it is great to be able to talk with other ladies that know how you feel and what you are going through. I don't know what a CBFM is. Do you monitor your CM? I've read that that is a clear way to predict ovulation/ well some fertility sites say it is a more accurate way than opk because you get a better idea of when to DTD.

I think today was O day. EWCM came a few days ago and have had the twinge pains. As well as the dryer factor. Thats really the only thing I'm going by, that and O calendar. Do you temp? I have for the past week so it won't do me any good this cycle. Plus I only use a digital baby thermometer. I haven't been trying long enough to know what tools work best for me yet. What does it mean for ovulation if your cycle gets longer? I'm rambling I know, there is always so much to talk about, and figure out when it comes to this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->