Meaning of the following words?...

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I feel so stupid even asking this but i have to :blush:

What is Butternut?...is it a veg or fruit?

And what does ''saute'' mean?

:blush:

I got a book with baby recipes but dont know what the above are...

Ok i am going to die of embarassment now...:blush:

I think a butternut is a butternut squash - which would make it a vegetable.

Saute - No idea. Lol maybe its like frying? Meh I dunno lol sorry I'm no help!

Butternut is butternut squash and it's a vegetable but quite sweet so it's great for baby food - Sam loves it...

https://www.organicbabystyle.com/organic-baby/images/butternut-squash.jpg

Sauteing is cooking food in a bit of oil over a high heat x

Aww thanks guys...problem solved! Im going to cook for my LO...never have done before...well nothing complicated anyway! Cant wait xx

Enjoy it! I love making Sam's food! Annabel Karmel's books are really good if you need some recipes :D x

Sam's Mum described both exactly! And Erica LOVES butternut squash, we like it too. I'm making butternut squash bisque to bring for Thanksgiving. Your little man will love it. I usually puree some, then mix a little bit of milk in with it to make it a little creamy. She loves it like that!

Sam's Mum described both exactly! And Erica LOVES butternut squash, we like it too. I'm making butternut squash bisque to bring for Thanksgiving. Your little man will love it. I usually puree some, then mix a little bit of milk in with it to make it a little creamy. She loves it like that!

Hadn't thought of mixing some milk in...going to try that - thanks :D x

Enjoy it! I love making Sam's food! Annabel Karmel's books are really good if you need some recipes :D x

The Annabel Karmel book is the book i am using to cook...its great :) It all seems too easy to be true though...im really looking foward to it...im just no good in the kitchen though :blush: xx

The Annabel Karmel book is the book i am using to cook...its great :) It all seems too easy to be true though...im really looking foward to it...im just no good in the kitchen though :blush: xx

:happydance: I've just bought that book too, so I can start reading up all about weaning and preparing foods. I can't wait to start feeding Erin solids - she's not ready though yet. xx

Neither am I :rofl: ...but baby food is completely different and loads of fun to make! It's so satisfying when they actually eat your food too (after the initial look of disgust :laugh2:) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->