measles/chickenpox argghhh

broodylocket

Reaction score
So, only found out the girl that my OH works with has either measles/chickenpox.....and work has told her to keep working.

Does it effect TTC??? like his sperm count?

i dont know what to do :cry:

It doesnt affect ttc per se, however you should a) get vaccinated against it before you get pg and b) stay away from anyone who has either when you're pg unless you had it yourself.

Most people have had these diseases in which case they got nothing to worry about- ist just those that havent. Me for instance; i got vaccinated against measles but ive never had chickenpox so obviosly i'd wanna stay away from anyone who has chickenpox, particularly later in pregnancy.

Only mumps are a danger to men and sperm production- effectively can make them sterile if they get in adulthood.

Generally any illness will not make you perform at your best but as far as risks are concerend they are minimal unless you havent had any of these illnesses or/and are pregnant.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Omi xxx

ive had chickenpox before(rang my mother :rofl:) and had the vaccination for measles.

so think im covered.

they described the girl have red bumps all over her body, like chickenpox ......and she still has to work!!

That sounds crap! Id never work if i had either, i mean its a virus afterall...some workplaces, i despair!! :)

Well, at least you're safe and sound and thats what matters :) I assume its the same for your oh?

Take care and enjoy your sunday! :)

i hope so, hes not too sure if hes had measles or the injection ....but think he has had chickenpox.

he told me if shes there and knows its chickenpox or measles hes not risking it and coming home.
especially hes got to have a mri scan in 6 weeks time!

Whilst the chickenpox is visible on the body it isnt contageous, its only contageous before the spots appear. So if hers are visible she's probably been told to work because she's not a worry to anyone. Dont worry hun xXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->