Measles - HELP

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
I haven't been on here for such a long long time but would love it if you ladies could provide me with some help / advice.

I have a (almost) 4 year old son and an 11 month old daughter.

I took my daughter to play with my friends twins on Wednesday (one of which had a rash that the dr, that morning, had put down to a heat rash as she was showing no signs of anything else). My friend rang me upset that night and explained that the other twin had come out in the same rash and she decided she needed to take them to the walk in centre. The dr there said it was catergorically the measles. He took a swab to confirm it.

My friend broke the news to me that night and was really upset regarding her twins and also the fact that they have probably passed it onto Emily, my daughter.

The following morning (i.e. less than 24 hrs after coming into contact with the twins) I rang my GP and she suggested that the best thing would for me to bring Emily into the surgery and for him to administer the MMR 4 weeks early. I decided to do this.

He said that if she had caught measles from the twins it would be a lesser version due to her having had the MMR less than 24 hours and the anti bodies from the MMR would help her.

The dilemma I have is that we are going on holiday next sunday and this is when the rash 'should' come out IF she has caught it. Is this contagious? Do I need to inform the parent of the other children we are going with? How likely is it that she will contract measles having had the vaccine the day after?

I am so so stressed :cry:

measles are HIGHLY contagious and if your Dr thinks she will come down with them for sure your daughter should not be out on vacation and around other kids

If I were the other parent(s), I would definitely appreciate honesty and forthrightness on this matter. Informing them is a must in my books. It's only fair.
Do you have to cancel your holiday? Well... if it were me, I probably would, to be honest. Because I really would not want to be away from home and dealing with a sick baby, let alone worrying about trying to quarantine sick baby.
Any chance you can postpone/rebook holiday?
I know it sucks about your holiday, but it's life, right? Kids/babies get sick. It happens. If you can prevent passing it on, I think that is always the most considerate choice.
Crummy luck, though! :( I am sorry you are dealing with this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->