Measles - please help - UPDATED

alio

Reaction score
I think Fin has measles.

He has a rash all over his body. It disappears under a glass. He is fine in himself... It is quite livid and red.

He hasn't been well for the last couple of weeks - only cold like symptoms. I'm waiting for NHS Direct to get back to me.

Has anyone else's baby had measles this young? Fin is 7 months.

Thank you

Update:

Well girls - NHS Direct didn't manage to call me until 2am...by that time I thought it'd be a waste of time answering.
Went to Docs at 8.30 this morning. He doesn't have measles. It's an 'unspecified viral rash'?????? Doc says he's obviously struggled with something for the past 2 weeks and it's coming out now. It looks horrendous though. Just like German Measles. Anyway, he's ok and that's the main thing. Thanks girls.

Oh no poor Fin :hugs:

Hopefully NHS direct will be able to help you out hun :(

Oh no poor Fin :hugs:

Hopefully NHS direct will be able to help you out hun :(

cheers hol... i'm 99% sure this is what it is. i suppose he is made of tough stuff..... we hardly knew he had it. thought it was teething!!

My mum always tell me that with measles the light hurts their eyes..im always obsessing about any rashes i find on Rhiannon, i always checking her out after a bath or nappy change..
:hugs: poor Fin xxx

oh no :( poor fin :hugs: do let us no how he is later and what nhs direct say honey :hugs: xxx

thanks girls.... i think once the rash appears it's not as much a cause for concern. she says hopefully. xxxx

Oh and I would def get it documented with a dr so that you don't have to get the vaccine for it later on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->