measurements at 28 wks so different?

xxshellsxx

Mummy to miracle twins x
Reaction score
Firstly nobody at my ultrasound today is worried by any of this - this is my own curiosity and worry.

I'm having twin boys.... both perfect according to all scans. They have always had a difference in days by head/abdominal/femur measurements - but they have been consistant by a few days either side of my dates (bellies measuring ahead little fatties, femur slightly behind little shorties) Today at 28 +3 both femur lengths are at least a week and a week and half behind now (27 and 27+1) and bellies measuring ahead at 30 and 29+4. Head both spot on 28 and 28+1. Estimated weights of 2lb 10oz and 2lb 12oz.

Both are measuring 2 weeks and 4 days difference between belly and femur length!

Do these sound too far apart or perfectly normal and i'm worrying over nothing?

You said it yourself at the beginning of your post, if anything was out of the ordinary the sonogrophers would of picked up on it I'm sure.

They sound normal to me, my baby's femur measurement was short at a 27 week scan, I think a weeks difference from my dates but I'm not worried because I'm short and my daughter is also only little.

Try and relax, have you spoken with your midwife about your worries? Xx

I see the midwife next week and will bring it up with her, but my friend is a midwife and i've just inboxed her to ask her some questions. It just seems that from a week difference at 24 weeks to 2 weeks and 4 days is a lot! I'm 5'5" and Dh is 6' so it's not like we're very short.

I know this is my own worries, FTM here with miracle babies **insert crazy lady smilie here**

As nice scans are, they are very inaccurate at this stage also.

I wouldnt even think twice about it, no-one mentioned it was a worry. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->