Measuring 2 weeks ahead

WW1

Mum to a little lady x
Reaction score
I've just got back from the mw and she has referred me due to my fundal height measurement today.

So far my measurements have been

28 weeks measured 29 weeks

31 weeks measured 31 weeks

34 weeks measured 36 weeks (today)

I thought they weren't particularly bothered 2 cm either way but she said she'd refer me to be on the safe side.

Do I really have anything to worry about - I'm not bothered about having a big baby - as long as it's healthy!!

I've googled (dangerous I know!) but I can't find anything which causes me undue alarm. Of course, i'm now slightly worried anyway!

Can you please let me know if you measured ahead and if you've already had your baby what LO's weight at birth was.

Thanks x

I'm measuring big for my dates too,
25 weeks measured 27
28 weeks measured 31

My midwife didn't seem concerned in the slightest about it and said they would rather the baby be big and thriving than on the small side.

I wouldn't worry if I were you :hugs:

Thanks, Wishinforbaby. I know you're right but there's always something to worry about, isn't there!!

Most places on the internet seem to suggest the +/- 2cm is absolutely normal so I'll try not to dwell. I'm beginning to think I'm a born worrier though - I'm sure I never used to be :dohh:

I've been having growth scans throughout due to buba being big at my 20w scan.

My last scan at 36+2 he showed up as 6lb 3 which is small compared to what I was expecting to hear (he was 5lb 3 at my 32w scan).

I had a MW app straight after the 36w scan and I was measuring at 39w according to the FH. I wouldn't worry at all hun :).

It's lovely you'll get to see your LO again though.

ive measured 1 or 2 weeks ahed from about 20weeks, nobody was concerned till 36 weeks when i measured 3 weeks ahed... got a scan, too much fluid and a larger baby! nice!

i measured 33 at my 28wk scan lol.
at 30wk i was 34... so shall be interesting to see what tomorrows measurements are!!

I did get sent for a growth scan at 28wks but everything was practically spot on; she must have been laying weird to make my bump seem huge!

Hiya hun,

I've had my LO now but thought i'd reply anyway.

I was planned to have growth scans anyway, but I started measuring big at 30 weeks.

I had 4 growth scans and made out he was going to be a whopper, a big 9lb if not 10lb baby, but he arrived weighing 8lb 5oz's.

I had him at 39+6 and by the time I had him my fundal height was 45 cms xx

I've been having scans galore too for the same reason. My baby's measurements are still within the "normal" parameters (just) - right up at the 97%. No one seems to be bothered though - so it's strange. At my 32 week scan I was told that baby was 5lb 2oz. However, my friend was told, also at her 32 week scan that her baby was 6lbs+. She gave birth on her due date at 40 weeks and the baby was 6lbs something then! We questioned the sonographer quite a bit on how the measurements are taken and it's basically quite difficult for them to be accurate. I've since read loads about how the weight measurement is really an estimate, not to be relied - so I wouldn't worry unnecessarily.

Easier said than done though, I know. I've got my 36 week scan next week and I'm already anxious!

I'm just back from my 36 wk appt (am 36+4) today too and have a similar-ish thing going on too.

When having a bit of a feel the midwife comment that LO is a 'good size'. I asked if this translated as 'going to be big' and she wouldn't be drawn. I mentioned that DH's three children from previous marriage had all be 9lb+ and that he was a big bloke and so she looked at my measurements which are:

28+4 28cm
31+4 32cm
34+4 35cm
36+4 37cm

And so, she asked if I'd feel any happier with a growth scan. I kind of uuhmed and aahed as hadn't really been prepared for that conversation (and none of these dates/measurements strike me as remotely far out there given this +/-2cm rule) and so it was left that she'll call the hospital to ask if they think it's a realistic referral and then she'll phone me back and let me know.

Keep playing it back and can't decide if she was trying to reassure me LO isn't small and undernourished and I've gone down a funny line of questioning or if she genuinely thinks it's going to be big (although she was at pains to say there's no indication of anything being wrong and leading to big baby, ie gestational diabetes etc).

Who knows? Just plan to take it as it comes.

at

26 = 26 - ok
29 = 32 - too big
32= 32 - too big - considering she said that he had started to angage, so wasnt suprised that the measurement was the same as the previous appt.

Only thing MW said is "you have a nice big pelvis, so dont worry" and just grinned at me!! lol I wouldnt panic too much :)

If it makes you feel any better I'm measuring 5 weeks behind and my baby is fine, i'm just not carrying a lot of water so my bump is all baby.

Thanks girls! You do make me feel better :flower:

I sometimes wonder if it's better not to go to the midwife - blissful ignorance is a wonderful thing!! Mind you, I'd only worry if I didn't go so I think I just have to accept this worrying lark is here to stay :shrug:

Hello,

At 29 weeks I was measuring 31. At 31 weeks I was measured by my doctor as 33. She made a big song and dance about it, so much so I called the midwife centre at the local hospital. They asked me to go in - I was measured at 31 and not 33.
The midwife said that measuring is just a precaution. It depends on how the baby is lying, people measuring differently - I think my doctor measured from the top of my bump and not my uterus. (I'm no expert but she also pressed down rater hard on my pubic bone too - ouch!)

I really wouldn't worry - I am fed up of @fatty' comments and being measured bigger when it's really not that big of a deal just makes me feel miserable. I'm determined to enjoy my last few weeks with my passenger. No ones tape measure is going to get me down! :hugs:

Hello,

At 29 weeks I was measuring 31. At 31 weeks I was measured by my doctor as 33. She made a big song and dance about it, so much so I called the midwife centre at the local hospital. They asked me to go in - I was measured at 31 and not 33.
The midwife said that measuring is just a precaution. It depends on how the baby is lying, people measuring differently - I think my doctor measured from the top of my bump and not my uterus. (I'm no expert but she also pressed down rater hard on my pubic bone too - ouch!)

I really wouldn't worry - I am fed up of @fatty' comments and being measured bigger when it's really not that big of a deal just makes me feel miserable. I'm determined to enjoy my last few weeks with my passenger. No ones tape measure is going to get me down! :hugs:

Thanks Hun. My "baby" is now 3 and doing just fine so i promise I'm not worrying about this anymore!! It was kind of you to reply though.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Hello,

Thanks Hun. My "baby" is now 3 and doing just fine so i promise I'm not worrying about this anymore!! It was kind of you to reply though.

No way! Sorry - I googled measuring big as I wanted to see what others thought. Feel a bit silly now - xx:blush: Thanks. x

Hello,

No way! Sorry - I googled measuring big as I wanted to see what others thought. Feel a bit silly now - xx:blush: Thanks. x

Don't worry at all. It made me giggle!!

I've just got back from the mw and she has referred me due to my fundal height measurement today.

So far my measurements have been

28 weeks measured 29 weeks

31 weeks measured 31 weeks

34 weeks measured 36 weeks (today)

I thought they weren't particularly bothered 2 cm either way but she said she'd refer me to be on the safe side.

Do I really have anything to worry about - I'm not bothered about having a big baby - as long as it's healthy!!

I've googled (dangerous I know!) but I can't find anything which causes me undue alarm. Of course, i'm now slightly worried anyway!

Can you please let me know if you measured ahead and if you've already had your baby what LO's weight at birth was.

Thanks x

Ive been two weeks ahead every time im measured. Even had a growth scan at 35 weeks where he still measured big, no one has said a word to me and im consultant led care.

I was measuring 30 weeks at my 28 week app.. haven't had any more yet.. my baby is also measuring 2 weeks ahead on scans too so im not too concerned, I think they may have just been a little off with my EDD :) they wont change it though ill just expect him earlier x

I was measuring 30 weeks at my 28 week app.. haven't had any more yet.. my baby is also measuring 2 weeks ahead on scans too so im not too concerned, I think they may have just been a little off with my EDD :) they wont change it though ill just expect him earlier x

I wouldn't be so sure I'm over three weeks ahead and nothing... Not even a peep...

It's not reli an indicator they will come early at all it's just coz some bellys are bigger then others :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->