Measuring 2 weeks small at 20 week scan

jmc5314

Reaction score
Hello, I am a first time mom due in June 2017. I went in earlier this week for my 20 week ultrasound and was told I am only measuring at 18 weeks 2 days. My ultrasound at 12 weeks went great and the baby was right on track. They also checked my fundal height and told me that my uterus is about one finger below where it should be. My doctor thinks this is due to me having high blood pressure, so I was put on high blood pressure medication and I have another ultrasound scheduled to make sure nothing is wrong with the blood flow through the cord and placenta. I am pretty worried. Has anyone else measured two weeks behind in the second trimester? Did you have high blood pressure? Also, I haven't felt the baby move a lot yet. There are times I think I feel it, but I am not positive. That is also stressing me out. I am not 20 weeks and 2 days. Help!

Hello, I am a first time mom due in June 2017. I went in earlier this week for my 20 week ultrasound and was told I am only measuring at 18 weeks 2 days. My ultrasound at 12 weeks went great and the baby was right on track. They also checked my fundal height and told me that my uterus is about one finger below where it should be. My doctor thinks this is due to me having high blood pressure, so I was put on high blood pressure medication and I have another ultrasound scheduled to make sure nothing is wrong with the blood flow through the cord and placenta. I am pretty worried. Has anyone else measured two weeks behind in the second trimester? Did you have high blood pressure? Also, I haven't felt the baby move a lot yet. There are times I think I feel it, but I am not positive. That is also stressing me out. I am not 20 weeks and 2 days. Help!

I couldn't read and run. I never measured behind but at my 20 week ultrasound they found bilateral chorid plexus cysts on my dds brain. They were eventually resolved but they were a soft link to t18 which is a fatal genetic disorder. I also had gestational hypertension but did not start meds til 35 weeks induced at 37+1. Dd is now a healthy normal 14 month old.
I think if the ultrasound showed a normal heartbeat and they found all its parts more than likely the high blood pressure is decreasing growth so they will watch you like a hawk and may do some non stress tests. Movement feels different for everyone. Personally I felt movement at 14 weeks and it felt like someone was tapping me from inside and I would also sometimes feel like dd had used me as a trampoline but defined kicks didn't really start until 20 weeks so it is coming and your lo may not be super active. Try drinking juice or soda sometimes the sugar rush wakes them up a bit. I would also ask for a follow up ultrasound if they don't mention it and imagine me cyber hugging you right now.

I can't provide any input on the measurement (my scan isn't until I'm 21 weeks), but I thought I'd let you know that I'm 20 weeks and haven't felt any movement yet. I'm pretty sure that's a normal thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->