Measuring 27cms at 31 weeks?!

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
Had a really scary consultant appointment today. I was discussing with her how I felt smaller this time around so she measured my bump and it was only measuring 27 weeks!!! :(

I was rushed for a scan as I've had a baby die of placenta failure and he was measuring 3lbs 13ozs which was average range...

So how comes my bump is not measuring 31 weeks? There's a difference of 4 weeks! I'm just a bit worried, I've never had this problem before :(

Oh, and I got a little 4D scan because I cried :blush:

Attachments

• 060620111269.jpg
    060620111269.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 18
what is the Dr saying?

Nothing really. In fact she discharged me from seeing her for the duration of my pregnancy but I can't because I need induction at 39 weeks (this has already been okay'd). The sonographer said he was really low in my pelvis and that's normally the reason for reduced measurement.

Fundel height is not always accurate it happened to me

It also happened to me. I was measuring 3 weeks behind and she said fundal height can change depending on how baby is laying. It can change from 1 hour to the next.

Hey hun i have always measured behind with my previous 4 pregnancys and its been nothing to worry about. Im 36 weeks now and only measuring 30 weeks! i am going to ask about it at my appt on thurs as 5 weeks out seems a lot but baby is moving fine and i think im not carrying much fluid which may explain it. also maybe bub is engaged now so that may be affecting it?
x

At 27 weeks I measured 20 weeks! My doctor didn't show any concern at all. I didn't even get a scan!

I had that happen at my 32nd wk apt. I had measured normal all through preg until 32 wks which I had measured 27 at that apt. My next apt. I was measuring normal again and have been ever since. I never got a scan, but they say your bump can measure differently on how the baby is positioned...so if your Dr. isn't concerned I wouldn't be either!

On the scan he is head down with his legs tucked round by his head. The sonographer said he has a pair of size 9's going on :haha:

My bump only measured 27cm at 31 weeks and they did a growth scan and said baby was fine and measuring perfectly. My measurements finally caught up a few weeks ago, after being behind for ages. If the scan says everything's okay, then it probably is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->