measuring 3 weeks small

w8ing4bean

Reaction score
At my 33+5 appointment was measuring 32 weeks. Midwife said was fine, could be how bubs is lying and because im tall nd slim.

Yesterday at 35+5 im measuring 33 weeks. Again midwife said could just be how im carrying. But because im desparate to go to MLU she has referred me for growth scan.

Excited to see baby again but feeling anxious now!! And gutted im seeing a different midwife next time as mine will be on holiday :-(

Measuring the bump is notoriously inaccurate! I'm 2.5 weeks ahead so going for a growth scan too but even scans are notoriously wrong. My boys measured big the whole time and they were only 8.5 lbs at 11+12 days overdue! I'm not moaning because I get t see baby again :) Try not to worry to much

I measure 4 weeks too small using fundal height, but baby is right on target for growth according to growth scan! I'm tall and slim too x

I went last week and was 33 weeks but only measuring 27... Midwife caused a huge panic for me and booked me an "emergency scan" for the next day.... By which point i was so worried I booked a private growth scan and went for that a few hours later on the same day as my midwife appointment.

Baby is measuring totally spot on I'm just hiding her well apparently. But it caused so much stress and was really horrible. Midwife never said about it possibly being because of how baby was laying or anything it was literally Oh you're measuring really small...

Can't say i really appreciated that lol but so glad she is measuring okay.

My hospital midwife has said that as long as i'm growing each week it doesn't matter what i'm measuring.

xxx

Omg misshastings cant believe midwife made u panic like that!! Its their job to reassure us! Glad ur baby is just fine :hugs:

I am measuring two weeks ahead but I know the farthest along I could possibly be is 32 weeks 3 days because I have only had once in the passed year lol! It can be totally inaccurate. If your baby has dropped you may be measuring small as well! Right before I gave birth to my lil girl who was overdue, I was measuring 36 weeks and she came out a healthy 7 lbs 5 oz :)

Yeah everyone ive spoken to says its really inaccurate. Got my scan date for wednesday, so fingers crossed all is ok xx

I measured behind with both my boys. I got up to 5 weeks behind with my first. Not a single thing wrong, just a smaller baby and the way he lay.

I measured 2-3cm small and worried and obsessed over it!

Baby was born perfectly healthy and 6lb, 1oz. She was small but scored 10 for her apgar and is a healthy little thing!

Lots of worrying for nothing! My friend also measured small but gave birth to a great big boy... she just hid him well!

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->