measuring ahead

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
I had my 28 week midwife appointment today and my stomach is measuring 2 weeks ahead. On the private scans I've had since 20 weeks the baby also measures and weighs almost two weeks ahead. Going from my last period, I worked out my dates 2 weeks ahead. My midwife now thinks maybe they measured wrong at my 12 week scan and said I should just be prepared early!
Anyone else been in a situation like this?
I told midwife I'm not happy with going over 40 weeks if I continue to be measuring ahead as that would mean at 40 weeks I'd already be 42 and I just don't want to risk it!
I have another 4D scan booked for next saturday so I'm very curious to see what they say the baby measures and weighs then!

Im always 2 ahead too. Never really thought about it being a problem and the midwife has never said anything like that either

I've been measuring ahead my entire pregnancy. Found out yesterday baby is almost 7lbs already. But my dr isn't changing my due date for nothing is certain. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised with an early baby then annoyed I'm going over.

Yeah I'm not complaining it would be great to meet him early :) I just definitely don't want to go over if I carry on ahead for personal reasons. A family member actually lost her baby due to lack of oxygen from being left to go too far overdue (this is the conclusion the hospital came to after tests) and I'm just not willing to take that risk if I get to 40 weeks just in case my date is wrong and I'm putting my child in danger. My midwife told me they won't actually change my date, but that I should just be prepared as he could well be early x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->