Measuring behind and strange comment from midwife

missy1

Reaction score
Had my 34 week appointment today and midwife says I'm only measuring as 33 weeks. Midwife wasn't concerned but does this mean my due date is actually a week later than I thought?
Also she said something quite strange. My first baby was a girl and I had a very straight forward, problem free and fast labour. This baby is a boy and she said 'boys are trouble, you may have a more difficult labour this time due to it being a boy' I'd never heard of this have you? I thought to myself, thanks a lot for scaring me! X

Your due date is the same, just your bump is measuring at 33 weeks. They're normally happy if its +/- 2 weeks either way. More than that and you'll sometimes be sent for growth scans/check fluid levels. With it only being a week out, you don't need to worry x

The boy v girl thing is a load of garbage! My son (my first) was a little less than 6 hour labor start to finish... if that's trouble then I don't know what an easy labor is! Don't let her comment get to you, I'm sure she was trying (and failing) to be funny.

It true for my family lol my uncle broke my gmas ribs n my brother got stuck with my girls I had no problems or pains fast easy labors and with noah I have poly and tons of pains and bh lol

But honestly don't pay attention to that comment

Comment was probably her trying to be funny - I would have just laughed along not get worried about it.

And no your EDD does not change after 12 week scan. Just your bump measurement she took, a very rough indication of how baby growing.

Dont be too concerned about measurement. My last appointment i was 33+5 and measuring 32 weeks. Midwife said could be how baby was lying x

I gave birth to a boy trouble free! I'd just ignore her!

So not true at all

The measurement doesn't change anything. 1cm is nothing. The comment about boys, harmless banter. I'm a midwife myself and we often joke if labours are long/ heart rate dipping or whatever that it must be a boy. Harmless fun.

The measurement doesn't change anything. 1cm is nothing. The comment about boys, harmless banter. I'm a midwife myself and we often joke if labours are long/ heart rate dipping or whatever that it must be a boy. Harmless fun.

I did laugh when she said it. I've not got a sense of humour failure but I just wondered afterwards if there was any truth in it that's all x

My labour with my daughter was 12 hours of horrendous pain, with a threatened caesarean at any point towards the end due to her heart rate starting to drop - I needed stitches literally everywhere afterwards - my labour with my son however was a breeze my waters broke at home and literally an hour later he was born - no stitches even though he was 9lb 2oz so that theory definitely was correct for me!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->