Measuring behind

Gracesmom10

Reaction score
I am 39 weeks today. My doctor meausred my belly, as always, and I was only at 36 weeks.... She didn't seem concerned and didn't mention anything. I didn't say anything either but then got to thinking. Now I'm a but worried about IUGR... Should I call and make mention of my concerns?

Hi, I am 37 weeks today and just measured 33 weeks. I have had growth scans and all is well. It just just that the fluid is all laying behind the baby so my bump is quite compact. If your cocerned though Def call in x

Probably just baby is so low now that it's making the measurements off 😃

Something similar happened to me and it turned out totally fine :) I was measuring 31cm at 36 weeks and she sent me for a growth scan - it turned out my baby seems to be average size or slightly above! At my last visit (Wednesday) I was exactly 38 weeks and measuring 33cm. She said if you have good core muscles sometimes it just holds everything in more.

But... I would still talk to your doctor so you don't have any doubts. My midwife was super understanding and reassuring and made me feel a lot better about it while I waited for my scan :)

Good luck!

I would call & ask. You'll just worry any way! X

If you are worried then I would also call and ask.

I was measured a few days ago and measured 33 at 35 weeks. Here they don't send you for scans until you are about 4 weeks out. Like other posters have said it depends on baby's position and if they have engaged. I know baby has dropped which is why my midwife wasn't concerned plus she said my bump is all baby so would expect the measurements to be out slightly but will keep an eye on it.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"