• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Measuring on 5th centile since 32 weeks - anyone else?

kitty_el

Pregnant with number 3 😄
Reaction score
Hey everyone - reposting this hear because thought it may be more appropriate.

I have been having growth scans since 28 weeks. At 28 & 30 weeks baby was measuring on 10th centile at 32/34/36 baby has measured on 5th centile she has dropped down slightly but the consultant says she is still following the 5th line.
They are not discussing induction and are saying they will see me next week at 37 for a Doppler scan and the week after for another growth scan at 38. I'm just worried about going 2 weeks between growth scans.
My fundal height is still measuring 10 weeks behind and hasn't changed since 32 weeks - I know these can be inaccurate though.
Also babies size is not because of my build as I am 6ft tall and so is OH.

My last baby was induced at 37 weeks due to IUGR & she was measuring slightly bigger at 36 weeks & I was getting weekly NST with her.

It's just such a worrying time, it would be good to hear from others going through something similar xxxx

It's possible you just make little babies. I had an IUGR baby before too and will be monitored this time around. Make sure your LO keeps up with good fetal movements, and call right away if anything changes.

Thank you for the reply. How small was your IUGR baby?
It is possible that I just have small babies, however given my build, oh build & family/genetics I think this is unlikely but you never know.

I just really thought this second pregnancy would go smoothly after all the stress with number one. I definitely won't be having any more babies.

Will you get growth scans this time round? xx

My first was a normal pregnancy ending at 39.1 weeks, she was 6lbs 11oz. But my second baby really seemed to stop growing and move less in the last few weeks. She was 5lbs 12oz at 38.1 weeks. My fundal height never grew past 34cm. When she was born, there was an obvious defect in the placenta that was never seen on the 20 week ultrasound.

I'm not going to get growth scans this time around, because the cause of the IUGR was well determined at her delivery. During my 20 week scan this time, they confirmed that the placenta looked perfect and showed no signs of having the same issues as last time. I'm guessing this baby will hit the 7lb mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->