Meat aversion?

toffee87

Reaction score
Anyone else gone totally off meat? xx

I did in the early days, Im 18 weeks now and I can manage certain meats now but not others.

It started with the smell of lamb making me want to throw up but I soon discovered gammon, pork, beef... Pretty much anything but white meat was a no go! I asked my midwife about this and she recommended eating more cheese. I basically lived off cheese on toast, pizza and cheese pies until recently!

Old wives tales say this could be an indication of gender (I forget which it means) I find out in two weeks... It would be very interesting to see if we both ended up with the same gender!!! X

I haven't gone totally off meat but I did have a big aversion to it with my first pregnancy. It really didn't appeal to me. The smell... look... taste. This time around I don't mind it as much but I don't eat it like I would normally.

I was big time in the first trimester. Buut then starting in the second trimester after the MS passed I started to crave it all the time and it hasn't let up since, especially red meat.

Raw meat.. Blergh.. Cannot touch it even In a packet! It makes me feel sooo queezy!!

And white meat is all I can seem to stomach at the moment!

Me, been off red meat since first tri! Can barely stomach chicken tbh unless its in a curry.

I was off meat in first tri but it went away after 12ish weeks thankfully!

I could not stand meat at all (or hold it down) since very early in my pregnancy. At 18 weeks, I'm finally starting to be able to stand a little meat.

I'm fine with chicken and beef but can not stand pork or lamb. My last pregnancy all I could eat was beef.

I HATED it in 1st tri, now I can manage it mostly, but I'm still picky and can't stand to eat big portions of it.

if u find u cannot eat meat for protien there are other ways to get it...soy is protein rich and there is tons of stuff made with it...its what vegans use to suppliment protien...
nuts have tons of protien and other food too...so if you find you cannot at all eat meat, dont worry im sure you can find something out there that you can eat :)

i went off meat for about the first 4months. Could only stomach minced meat/chicken...otherwise i force fed myself a few bites of other cuts... gone back to normal now thankfully.

hemp seeds, quinoa and eggs are classed as complete proteins as they have all the essential amino acids. so if you cant stomach meat...eat them ...or eat them anyway as they are good for u lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->