Meat

J

Jade--x

I make my own meals for Tyler at home, pureed in the baby blender, and I was wondering when I was ok to give them meat??
I'm not sure whether it goes down smooth or not and don't want to risk it if he's too young still, but when I was on holiday, I had to use jars and he loved the ones with meat in them.

I've heard it's fine from 6 months on, generally.

Yeah meat used to be introduced around 6 months, but now they say to wean at 6 months, so basically give them everything straight away? If he's ok with other foods and your happy htne introduce one meat at a time, it does blend fine

He eats all his other foods fine. I was surprised how well he took them actually. He's like a little hoover :rofl:

What's the best meat to introduce first? Because I know things like pork and beef are very fatty. Would I be better with chicken?

we started Hannah on chicken, but we tend to eat a lot of it ourselves. I bought ground chicken and would cook it with sauces for pasta and things and it pureed really well

I think you could try whichever meat you wanted first, but I'm going to go with poultry- most likely chicken, it's a bit less flavourful than beef & pork and should mix well with just about any other food :)

yeah chicken or turkey as red meat is harder to digest i think

I give liam his chicken, potatoes and broccoli with the cow and gate gravey you can get, aswell as mince with spag ball but hes a bit older than your LO, liam was on chewy food by 6 and a half months x

We started Edward on chicken as soon as he turned 6 months. I boiled a chicken breast then blended it and added some water from boiled peas. Our Ped suggested starting with chicken as a first meat.

I was just about to ask how you were supposed to cook it :rofl:

Can you still give it them roasted or does it have to be boiled?

I was just about to ask how you were supposed to cook it :rofl:

Can you still give it them roasted or does it have to be boiled?

I think it doesn't really matter how you cook it as long as it's plain (unseasoned) to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->