Meatball sauce - no wine?

RubyLouise

Mum to 2 girls
Reaction score
I want to make meatballs with a nice tomato sauce for dinner.

But all the recipes online say I need to use wine in the sauce

I know the alcohol cooks out during the cooking process but I really don't want to add it.

Anyone have a meatball sauce recipe that doesn't contain wine please? X

I use onions, garlic, tomatoes (tinned), tomato puree, vegetable stock cube, 2 bay leaves, basil/oregano, a little water and seasoning. If it tastes quite acidic I add a touch of balsamic vinegar or a small teaspoon of sugar to balance it out. I also like to pack mine with other veg such as peppers and courgettes but thats down to personal preference.

I use the recipe Feltzy suggested, except I add a little cumin as well, it just adds that other flavor to it.

I don't think I've ever used wine for cooking!

xo

I use onions, garlic, tomatoes (tinned), tomato puree, vegetable stock cube, 2 bay leaves, basil/oregano, a little water and seasoning. If it tastes quite acidic I add a touch of balsamic vinegar or a small teaspoon of sugar to balance it out. I also like to pack mine with other veg such as peppers and courgettes but thats down to personal preference.

This is what I do too :thumbup: no wine required x

I don't use wine either, just plenty of herbs and seasoning

i never use alcohol in my cooking, unless im making risotto. only about 20% of the alcohol actually cooks out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->