meatballs

emilyjade

mummy of two!
Reaction score
so when making homemade meatballs do i need to put anything in with the meat to bind them? if i do what shall i put in :flower:

Put an egg in to bind.
If you are making a basic meatball recipe of mince, parmesan, herbs, fried onion and garlic you can use the same recipe to make meatloaf and burgers too. If you dont like a really meaty taste, or you need to stretch the recipe for more people, add breadcrumbs or bulgar wheat.
If you want to make burgers, just add a spoonful or two of tomato ketchup. Grill the burgers to let the fat drain, and then fry some onions up, add some cheese singles and fried bacon etc etc.
If you want to make meatloaf, add milk as well as egg to keep the mixture really moist so that it doesnt dry out in the oven. Cook for an hour on 200C, and drain the fat off as you go. You can add chopped ham and Lea and Perrins to the mixture if you like. You can also make a marinade of 1 part mustard to 2 parts brown sugar to 3 parts tomato ketchup. Mix it up and coat the meatloaf before putting it in the oven. (Its delicious, trust me)
Also, leave the meatloaf to stand for ten minutes after it's cooked, it makes it loads easier to slice. Meatloaf is soooo good with mash, green beans and gravy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->