meconium & Cloth nappies

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
I have brought 1 packet of sposies for in the hospital but want cupcake in cloth as soon as we get home, now I know meconium can last for 2 - 3 days so how do you protect the cloth nappies?

is it best to use disposable liners for the meconium days or would fleece liners work?

fleece liners would probably work as long as you made them big enough to cover the whole of the inside of the nappy

im personally going to be making some prefolds out of old teeshirts so they can be used, washed, then thrown away if they are stained when the meconium is all gone, inside some newborn wraps, cant remember the names tbh but they have a cut out bit at the front for the belly button

x

^^ the smart nappy newborn wraps have the belly button cut out.

my lo only did two mec poos - they are yucky and sticky. i used sposies as i got loads of freebie ones. (vouchers etc)

meconium is nasty to clean off the lo's bum, but the nappy can go straight into the machine and it'll come up spotless. we got zero staining from meconium - breastfed poo is far far worse in that regard. we did use flushable liners just for the meconium poos though - just as we'd rather the bulk went in the loo than in the washing machine.

^^ the smart nappy newborn wraps have the belly button cut out.

so do pro-wraps. but isaac was so little when he was born that his muslin nappies came up over his cord. i wondered if it'd be a problem but it was fine, and fell off at 3 days and healed quickly.

Another pro-raps fan here :) We used them with the disposable Flip inserts for the birth centre as they wouldn't let us use cloth, and then muslins at home and they worked a dream. Some meconium got on the wrap itself and there was no issue with staining at all - we've def. experienced far more staining with the breastfed poonamis! :haha:

I have to admit that I plan on using disposables nappies while I am in hospital. I am having a c-section :)sad1:) so will be in for roughly three days anyway and I think it will be easier while in hospital to use them but I also want to avoid meconium on my nappies. If I was going to use my real nappies in the first 3 days I would use disposable liners (we have some nice big ones) but I can not honestly say I know what the best option is, sorry.

I used cloth from birth and no problems. I used disposable liners a couple of times but they irritated me so I decided not to bother. no problems with staining or anything.
Poo stains dont bother me now, if I spot one I whave ways of making it disappear mwahahahaha

I used cloth from birth and no problems. I used disposable liners a couple of times but they irritated me so I decided not to bother. no problems with staining or anything.
Poo stains dont bother me now, if I spot one I whave ways of making it disappear mwahahahaha

Spill please!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->