Medela or Spectra, which do you prefer?!

FaithnHope41

Expecting Baby #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I am currently expecting baby number 3, due in November. I breastfed both of my boys and pumped. I have had two Medela pumps, and both worked wonderfully for me, but I am trying to see if there is something better out there. My insurance will provide me with a new pump per pregnancy. I have been reading a lot on the Spectra pump that several ladies have had very positive reviews to say.

What are your thoughts? Have any of you used the Spectra pump? Have any of you used the medela and spectra and recommend one over the other?

I appreciate all the input I can get! Not in a rush to order, just starting to think about what I want to use with our baby! :)

I loved the Spectra! It was my first baby so no long term Medela experience to compare. I exclusively pumped due to a medical condition and used a Medela Symphony for the first 2 wks or so. Then pulled out my Spectra and got the same output and it was so much more comfortable!

If you go with a Spectra I do recommend the S1 for the battery. You may have to shop around to get it fully covered by insurance. I've had friends who didn't have to pay the upgrade fee depending on where they got it!

I loved the Spectra! It was my first baby so no long term Medela experience to compare. I exclusively pumped due to a medical condition and used a Medela Symphony for the first 2 wks or so. Then pulled out my Spectra and got the same output and it was so much more comfortable!

If you go with a Spectra I do recommend the S1 for the battery. You may have to shop around to get it fully covered by insurance. I've had friends who didn't have to pay the upgrade fee depending on where they got it!

Awesome! Thanks for your input hun!! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"