Medical mystery baby measured 8 weeks at 12 weeks

socuriousman

Reaction score
Tmi- Kinda dont know atm Tuesday I went to the hospital after finding a lot of random blood suddenly. It decreased and almost stopped until later in the day wednesday then almost stopped again.

In the hospital on regular ultrasound they couldnt see anything due to my retroverted urterus and the maternity ward doesnt have an internal ultrasound, only emerg does. For this reason they also couldnt find the heart beat.

Physical exam showed there was no physical signs of a miscarriage. They assumed bleeding was from a blood clot. 2 doctors confirmed they are extremely common. Cervix closed, no fetal tissue. If I was miscarrying I should be bleeding a lot and be in a lot of pain.

Yesterday, during my ultrasound baby measured 8 weeks. I was supposed to be 12 weeks and 2 days. No heart beat. Obgyn today. Probably going for a d and c. But I want a second opinion. They said ive started miscarrying naturally... But theres no physical signs other than bleeding. But where am I bleeding from? How can I be bleeding from a miscarriage when my body hasnt physically done the proper things to start it? Im almost not even bleeding now. No cramps.

And for my liver? Not a fucking clue. They've never seen anything like it before. Enzymes spiking high in pregnancy then dropping after it ends back to normal. Im a medical mystery at this point. I have to make sure the heartbeat isnt there again before surgery.

None of this adds up. I cant find any information about this in any medical journals other than... Saying its a threatened miscarriage.. Then baby would be alive? But its taken 4 weeks? Im so confused. But if the second opinion confirms its over...

Then surgery it is...since obvs my body aint doin it.

Anyone have any experiences like this?

Did they sedate you for d and c?

What was recovery like?

I have one tube as my last was ectopic.

Any hope for me?

You can have a miscarriage with no signs or a miscarriage with all the signs. It's not a 1 size fits all. Measuring that far behind sadly points to not good news. By 8 weeks, there should be a heartbeat.

My 1st miscarriage I had only one spot of bleeding. When I went for my ultrasound there was no heartbeat. I waited a week and had another scan. It showed no growth and no heartbeat. I opted for a D&C. I was put to sleep for the procedure. I don't remember having any pain afterwards. I was back to my normal routine the following day. I'm sorry this is happening for you and wish you the best.

You can have a miscarriage with no signs or a miscarriage with all the signs. It's not a 1 size fits all. Measuring that far behind sadly points to not good news. By 8 weeks, there should be a heartbeat.
It had a heartbeat at 6 weeks and at 12 weeks showed growth stopped at 8

My 1st miscarriage I had only one spot of bleeding. When I went for my ultrasound there was no heartbeat. I waited a week and had another scan. It showed no growth and no heartbeat. I opted for a D&C. I was put to sleep for the procedure. I don't remember having any pain afterwards. I was back to my normal routine the following day. I'm sorry this is happening for you and wish you the best.
Thank you thata good to know recovery from my ectopic surgery was horrible.

I hope that you get some answers soon and I hope it's a good outcome. Best wishes :hugs:

I’ve had multiple losses, many simply chemicals but at least 2 that were full-on miscarriages. Neither one produced clots or even bleeding as heavy as a period. Second one I went for my 7.5 week ultrasound (after seeing sac and pole at 5.6) and there was NOTHING in my uterus. Absorbed by my body. So everyone and every loss can be very different. So sorry for what you’re going through

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->