Medically induced miscarriage

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I wanted to join this website and never got round to it, unfortunately now I have found out that my baby has no heartbeat and opted for a medically induced miscarriage. I had the tablets yesterday and not sure if I have passed the sac yet or just had heavy bleeding. I am still having pain and feel like I'm being useless. I was just wondering if anyone else has recently had a missed miscarriage and had the tablets to induce it and their experience. I have to sag the hospital gave me very little info on what to expect and now I'm just confused and in pain. Worst is I have to wait a week to see if I pass the baby but I thought I would have noticed it as my baby was 11 weeks when she died xx

Im really really sorry!!! I had a mmc in september and i opted for the tablet it was the worst experience ive ever had to go through!!!! i still dont understand why it happened now so if u need to talk im here!!! thoughts are with u during this time xxxx

Thank you charl, im so sorry you had to go through this too, I don't think other people realise what an awful thing it is. I'm really annoyed at the hospital staff who convinced me to take the tablets as they didn't fully explain that I'd have to wait so long and that it could take up to a week to work. I knew there was a chance it may not work but I didn't know if have to wait a week with these pains and bleeding until they would consider the d & c which is looking likely to happen anyway. Wish I'd just opted for it in the first place:-(

Thank you for talking to me though, it feels like most of my friends and family are avoiding me coz they don't know what to say, except parents and in laws and my oh, who have all been amazing, but all have jobs and so now I'm just stuck at home alone!

Hope you are doing well after your horrible experience and good luck ttc :flower:how long did you have to wait for your cycle to get back to normal again? Xxx

Hi I'm really sorry you are going through this. I have blighted ovum and have been waiting 3 weeks to miscarry naturally. My friend has had medical miscarriage twice and it was horrific too. But she soon settled after a day. Second time she was like yourself 11.5 weeks. She was on hospital for second part of treatment all day. She passed her little angel 3 days later at homexx sorry it's not the best to read but it's better to know other people's experiences . I know I am still in limbo wondering how long this is going to take. I really hope you are feeling better soon then u can get your head Round things and get back to normal ish :( big hugs hon xx

Hi apple111, thanks, and I'm so sorry for what you are going through also. I'm so sorry it's taking so long for you. It's so hard just waiting to move on with life.

I hope everything goes ok for you xx

:hugs: I'm so sorry for your loss.

I don't want to worry you, but if everything has passed you would know. I had medical management at 10 weeks, but I had a blighted ovum. I passed a lot of very large clots, and the placenta was also identifiable and quite large.

Did you have both stages of the treatment? The first part is usually mifepristone, and it is followed up by misoprostol. I took the first tablet and went home, then took the second part of the treatment 48 hours later, as a day patient in the hospital.

I think I would be inclined to check with your local early pregnancy unit, just to ask their advice.

I'm sorry you're going through this, I know how horrible it is :hugs: x x

Hi apple111, thanks, and I'm so sorry for what you are going through also. I'm so sorry it's taking so long for you. It's so hard just waiting to move on with life.

I hope everything goes ok for you xx

Hi I hope ur feeling better soon too, it's horrible the they didn't really tell u what to expect. It's only because a close friend has had the experience that I had an idea. Reading ur comments before I know how u feel everyone at work and I am too at home alone. I've taken up baking :) to try and take my mind off things, only thing is I eat what I make :) .. I went for a walk this morning with oh and just saw babies everywhere. I got really upset. I know i will feel better when this is over..Hope to see u and me on first timster soon xx take care xx

:hugs: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Did you have both stages of the treatment? The first part is usually mifepristone, and it is followed up by misoprostol. I took the first tablet and went home, then took the second part of the treatment 48 hours later, as a day patient in the hospital.

I did have both stages yes, and I had no bleeding all day when I took it (Friday just gone) and all over a sudden a pop (sorry for tmi) and blood gushing, but not for long. Then it just became a normal bleed like a period which is still on going now. I didnt see anything resembling my baby really but still unsure so going back to hospital for a scan.

Thanks for the comments though, I hope everything is going ok for you :thumbup:

And apple111 I was thinking of baking too but I think I would also eat it all lol! I do need something to occupy my mind though, just dont feel ready to go back to work yet, however, I went into town with oh yesterday and I honestly was so angry at seeing all these women with prams, some smoking and ignoring their children (which is very judgemental of me I know) but all I can think is why do they get a baby and I dont, I did everything I was supposed to! I even saw one woman with twins and actually said to oh "How come she gets 2 thats not fair!" then realised how silly I sounded.

Hope you are feeling better today, even this sunshine isnt making me much better but you've got to keep on smiling and hope it will all be ok eventually xxxx

Know exactly what you mean seeing all the mums smoking and shouting at their kids. I too did everything by the book it feels so unfair :( I'm doing the mature student thing at the min for my sins and have an assignment to be in next week so trying to get that out of the way to take mind off things but I'm either on here , Facebook or making cups of tea so it's a go slow at the min :) We have booked to go away at Easter for couple of days on our own so really hoping things move b4 then.

Take care x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"