Medication And Pregnancy

FutureBabyMom

Reaction score
Hi all,
My partner and I have decided to have a baby. We've been together for two years now :) it's been a hard few months with him trying to convince me. I've been agreeing and then changing my mind. The reason I keep changing my mind is I currently take 60mg of Citalapragm a day for Agoraphobia and I'm concerened about the impact that could have on a baby when I conceive. Also about breastfeeding. I've decided I want to have a baby for sure now. And I will stop taking my medication if necessary. It just all feels so scary, even though it is exciting! But at the minute I'm also really clueless about preconception care. So if anybody has any pointers they would be greatly appreciated. Also, I've just come off the pill (Mycrogynon) and I'm not sure what to expect with my cycles!

Thanks to anyone who reads!

hi hun :hug:

Maybe you can consult with a doctor on what would be the effect of your medication with having a baby? Maybe it'll be ok ;)

For preconception care, the recommended is we take 400 mcg of folic acid daily.
Also, I would suggest that you go for a preconception check up where they'd make the usual checks like cervical cancer, progesterone, fallopian tube blockage - just to make sure that there's no problem on your side :)

I can't comment on going off the pill though as I've never been on the pill.

Cheers :flower:

We don't get any preconception check ups here where i live? Unless you know of a problem or are having symptoms, you just get on with it! lol. The only thing my gp told me to do was have my blood tests done a bit early this year (i have once a year blood tests as im on bp medication and its just to make sure everythings ok).

Just make sure you start taking folic acid :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->