Medication

please08

Dolly, Dinkie & The Bump
Reaction score
I suffer with epilepsy and as soon as I found out I was pregnant I stopped my AED's I've had no seizures during pregnancy been really well except for the pass 3 wk's I've been getting aura's (warning's of seizures but not having seizures) so because I was having no seizures I thought this was down to low blood pressure but got them up in the hospital on Wednesday and had my blood pressure checked which was fine so they've put it down to my epilepsy, Got phonecall today from hospital they want me to back on my AED's ......... I'm 28wk's now so My Baby is all formed, Does anyone know if at this stage of pregnancy could they cause any birth defects now????? or is baby all complete now???????

At this point, I would guess it's safer to be on your meds. Having a seizure now could be more harmful to the baby if you injure yourself in the process... like if you fell down the stairs or something. Talk to your MW about it and see what she says. Feel better!

Thanks they recomended I never come off my meds but read and heard too many things and because I was having no seizures I stayed off them......... but I'm gonna start back on them 2mrw start myself off on 200mg again as haven't took them since Nov.1st so can't go straight back on high dose.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->