• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Medicine question

Dionne

Reaction score
I took Dior to the walk in centre she has been poorly for a while now. she has been crying and pulling at her ears!

i have been giving her medised which is great for helping her sleep and unblocking her nose. but she aint getting any better

at the walk in centre they said she has the start of a cold one side of her glandes(sp) are swelling and she has ear ache! they gave me some
ibuprofen. and told me to use that aswell as her medised!
as the ibuprofen has some thing better in it that medised dont have!
but still told me to combine the both.

but im concerned as i no both medised and ibuprofen are a pian killer so surley i would be over dosing her????

Any one got any advice?
or should i trust the doctor?

Call the NHS line Dionne!

I couldn't see them making a mistake like that but I think I'd worry too & want to get a second opinion if it's ok!

x

Yeah i couldnt see a doc telling u too take them together if it was dangerous hun, but i would do what wobbles has said an ring nhs diect.
Kai had a bad cough and cold the other day and the chemist told me not to give both cought med and medised together :?: but the doc would know best hun.
hope she gets better soon.
xx

i think that maybe i have got it in my head all docs are evil :lol:

i called nhs direct once before.
dior had
antibiotix - viral rash
medised - banged her head
cough medicine
heyfever medicine

all at once i was giving her these i called them to make sure it was ok they said fine as long as none of them both have paracetamol in?

thats why im confussed now as im sure medised and ibuprofen have?

but im a tramp :oops: my house phone has been cut off :oops:

il have to call nhs from my mums later

awwww bless ya :D
Cant u get it up online? ill have a look.

aw i hope she is ok dionne.

according to this site:

"you can use Medised and the ibuprofen together or Calpol and Ibuprofen together. It should help"

https://www.bounty.com/Community/Di...bid=141&btyIMG=1&btyCurrentPage2=3&btypage2=1

the girl i work with has some ibuprofen an it doesn't in the what it contains bit say it contains it hun.
Also she said her cousin was adviced to give her son calpol and ibuprofen but if ur unsure then ring nhs when u can hun.
xx

Ibuprofen and paracetamol work in different ways to tackle pain which means that you can take both and not overdose.

Thank you so much gi

i can rest now knowing that its ok.

another thing is medised a painkiller? as i use it when Harley is teething

What does it list in the ingredients? if it says paracetamol or ibuprofen then its a painkiller

just had a look for you, it contains paracetamol so yes it is a painkiller

ive just found it gives mild pain relief to headaches, teething pain, aches and pains with a cold
It should tell u on the box hun

https://www.mypharmacy.co.uk/medicines/medicines/m/medised/medised_infant.htm

sophie said:

i no sorry :oops: im a lazy sod :lol:

just confussing as i though ibuprofen and paracetemol were the same thing :oops: shows how much i no :roll:

well thanks girls i learnt some thing new today :D

Dionne said:
sophie said:

i no sorry :oops: im a lazy sod :lol:

just confussing as i though ibuprofen and paracetemol were the same thing :oops: shows how much i no :roll:

well thanks girls i learnt some thing new today :D

:lol: awww it sounds like i was tellin u off now :oops: i wasn't honeslty! and uve just given me somethin to do for half hour or so.

:-$ i should be workin though

I think paracetamol is a painkiller where as ibuprofen is an anti inflamatory.
Hence you normally use paracetamol for treating high temps and mild illnesses likes colds etc, where as you use iuprofen to treat muscular pains and joint pains more.

Hi
I'm sure I'm just repeating what everyone else has said but I'm a nurse and I can't help putting my oar in (sorry!)
Paracetamol is a painkiller and can reduce temperatures as well. (Medised is paracetamol with a mild sedative in as well as far as I am aware - I have never used it myself)
Ibuprofen is an anti imflammatory, so it can reduce temps as well (some studies show that it is better than paracetamol at reducing temperatures but that's a different kettle of fish). So if lo has an infection or is teething they are bound to be inflammed somewhere (ears, teeth etc) and ibuprofen can reduce that.

You can take them both together very safely just making sure that the doses on the bottles are followed!

HTH - feel free to tell me to buggar off!
Laura xx

Thanks Laura! thats great to no. i will be doing the opposit to telling you to bugger off. i will be hounding you now with problems lol.

thats usfull to no! as i only really use medised but its not very good for when i need to go out and the kids are sleeping.
x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"