meds question

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
Well we are slowly going crazy DH and I.
As most of you know I cant get my baby to sleep anywhere. Since he was born he sleeps with me and naps only if i hold him or in the swing( which no longer works). For the past week and a half or so he has been waking 6/7 times a night. Finally last night DH said he cant take it anymore give him some meds ( we think hes teething)which I did and he slept great!
Now I dont know if I should do the same tonight or not? Hes not grizzly in the day just at night he wakes up screaming his head off!

hmm I dunno, I give Alasdair calpol occassionally if he's teething badly but you don't want to start to rely on it. Having said that, my friend has a friend who is a nurse and used calpol with her baby every night! The fact that he's never slept well makes me think that maybe calpol is not the answer and that it's just knocking him out. But you must be so sleep deprived and if I was you I'd probably end up giving it to him again just to get a decent sleep!

What med did you give him cupcake?

Dispite the fuss we still have medised in our cupboard!!!

You know oddly a dose of gripe water also seems to settle Caitlin on a 'whats wrong' situation. Seems to help her have a number 2 and probably feels better - did this only 2-3 days ago actually she woke up early etc cranky restless wouldn't nap all day was clueless! That night she slept through and was happy happy in morning although Mummy wasn't so happy about her 2 morning nappies lol

Maybe give it for a few nights then go to Plan B when you feel rested enough?....As long as there is no overdosing.Maybe he suffers from night terrors?

What med did you give him cupcake?

Dispite the fuss we still have medised in our cupboard!!!

You know oddly a dose of gripe water also seems to settle Caitlin on a 'whats wrong' situation. Seems to help her have a number 2 and probably feels better - did this only 2-3 days ago actually she woke up early etc cranky restless wouldn't nap all day was clueless! That night she slept through and was happy happy in morning although Mummy wasn't so happy about her 2 morning nappies lol

i gave him baby paracetamol, its called novimol i dont know if they have it anywhere else in the world

Maybe give it for a few nights then go to Plan B when you feel rested enough?....As long as there is no overdosing.Maybe he suffers from night terrors?

oh gosh what are night terrors???:hissy:

dont think night terrors start till thier older, their like sever bad dreams..
maybe you could try him 1 more night so you get another nights sleep then start tomorow night with a different routine?

x

well last night i didnt medicate and he went down but woke at 1:30 am crying and i got him down without medicine but today hes crying from the pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->