Meeting with Work:

mysteriouseye

Pregnant with No.3
Reaction score
And literally don’t know what to think, it’s with the HR Manager and the person that used to do my job, I literally cannot stop panicking its today at 15:30pm and she said it was nothing to worry about just to cover FY14 and a ‘few other things that need talking over’ and because my actual manager is over in the USA. So I asked the lady that used to do my job ‘is this an appraisal?’ and she said ‘No just to cover off FY14 and few ‘House keeping’ Items. Should I be worried? These two are the only two who know I am pregnant… I don’t even know what they mean.. I’m a receptionist by the way and meetings always make me worry because in the past in other companies I have dealt with every time I am pulled into a meeting room its to be picked on by the boss for a negative reason and bullied.

At any meeting I think you have a right to have a representative come with you, I.e. a union rep or even a colleague.

It doesn't sound too sinister, of you have concerns make sure you ask for a copy of the minutes as they can only act on what they record in writing.

I'm sure it will be fine, fingers crossed for you and let us know how it went

doesn't sound like it will be awful. Are you sure they are not just checking health and safety of you being pregnant. I am sahm but when I was pregnant with first I was working and my boss had to have meetings with me to check that they were meeting my needs pregnant for health and safety (silly things like steep stairs, height of chairs, problems of children with behavioural problems etc.., I was a teacher, they did it with anyone pregnant). They may be checking plans for maternity so they know for financial reasons the list goes on. It could be completely innocent

Take a notepad and pen with you (take notes as you can forget details when stressed!) and politely defer any detail or plans in specific of your pregnancy if they ask you questions. It's probably not a big deal but sometimes they will try to get detail and hold you to them as a pregnancy continues and not leaving you any wiggle room to change your mind down the line.

My sister's company tried to get her to commit to a date of maternity leave as well as a potential relocation on her return if she were to leave so she said she wasn't sure she was taking leave up until later in the pregnancy. Don't get me wrong some companies are great and usher you back to your same position and are lovely to work with but some are just looking after themselves and have their own contention plans with you gone in mind. Not personal just business unfortunately. Like it was said before nothing is concrete unless in writing so you take notes too...they will be more mindful of how they word things:thumbup:

Mysteriouseye, I just came across your thread, how did it go yesterday. I always have heart palpatations with meetings like this, especially HR. My boss in engineering used to be an accountant and he was always rough around the edges. He'd pop into my office and say 'can you come to my office right now please'. I'd go in he'd say 'shut the door and sit down' (heart in mouth at this point), and then he'd ask me what I thought of his new picture on the wall behind his desk from Venice. BLEH, are you kidding me? I have my degree in fine arts and he was massively interested in the arts and always liked to run things by me. So after a while the threatening tones wore off but I thought it was just plain mean to conduct himself like that.

Hope everything was fine.

Just to say after a legal battle regardi sex discrimbatio, pregnancy discrimination and hartassment and bullying with my last employer (which I won) I know a lot about work rights and law etc so let me know if you need anytbing.

Can't tolerate bad employers.

They pulled me into the room to give me constructive criticism, that I didn't agree with and you could tell they were trying to be cautious. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->