Melatonin? Freaking out :(

Newmrsb

Reaction score
Hi everyone, really freaking out right now and hoping to be calmed down!

This is my first cycle officially TTC, and while realistically I know it's probably not that likely that I'll get my BFP this first time, I can't help being hopeful/excited. BUT I have massive sleep problems...have for most of my life. I used to be on prescription sleep aids, and when I weaned off, I didn't sleep at all and was miserable. My doc recommended melatonin, and I've been taking it since! So for quite a long time (several years now), 3 mg at night. I didn't even THINK to check on negative TTC effects...until now, when I am just starting my TWW.

The bad things I'm reading now (in a panic) mostly say that it interrupts ovulation. But I'm positive that I'm ovulating. My cycles are a little wonky, but nothing too crazy. I'm trying to convince myself that means it's okay and won't affect my chances this cycle, but I really don't know. Has anyone else taken it and gotten pregnant? O date was today and so there's nothing I can do now. I've also had extra trouble sleeping this week so I can't decide if it's worth taking it now or not. The damage is probably already done, if there is any, and I don't want to not sleep and lay awake thinking about this...

Ugh. I know that there's nothing I can do now and I should probably just stop taking it for the future, but I was telling myself that at least if we didn't get a BFP this cycle, I knew I'd done everything I could and would just keep trying. Now if I don't, I'll be thinking I screwed it up. :cry:

Have you tried benadryl? If it dries you out, drink plenty of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->