Membrane Scrape... effective?

firsttime83

Reaction score
Just had my appointment and had this done. Must say, hurt a lot but I took it like a champ lol

Quite a few people have told me they swear by it, and put them into labour... What do you ladies think and what is your experience?

Hey

I had one two days ago and got show this morning, baby has also moved from 4/5 engaged to 2/5 engaged, It seems to be great timing or it helped kick something off. Had another this morning, hoping it'll kick start labor over the weekend.

My MW had said effects were likely to be 24 - 48 hours after sweep was carried out too...Hope you don't have long to wait for some sign of it helping!

Didnt work with my son although had it early at 39 weeks due to early induction at 40 weeks. This time had one at 40+2. Lost masses of plug over three days. Had repeat one today at 40+5 and I'm more dilated and thinner. Getting strong bh now and very uncomfortable so time will tell.

My daughter had it with her first....had it done on a Friday and she had my beautiful grandson on Sunday...it DEFINITELY worked! Her midwife told her if he was ready to come it would work, otherwise it probably wouldn't...GOOD LUCK!

Had one at 37 weeks(a few days ago) and it didn't work. But I'm having a repeat Wednesday at 38 and doctor is much more hopeful for that one. I think the farther along you are (more ready) the better. It did however cause me to lose masses of mucus plug and have a bloody show, so I'm hoping it helped things along a bit :)

With my first I had it at 38+4, and it worked.

Good luck! Ill keep my fingers crossed for you.

It only made me bleed a bit and gave me period pains. It hurt too! Youch!!!!

I had one at 38 weeks due to severe SPD and had my son 2 days later, definitely worked for me!

It worked for me on baby #5, but not on baby #7. Those are the only two I had it done with.

Just had my appointment and had this done. Must say, hurt a lot but I took it like a champ lol

Quite a few people have told me they swear by it, and put them into labour... What do you ladies think and what is your experience?

Any updates? I'm booked in for a sweep on Tuesday but have a feeling its not going to work as I have no pre labour symptoms as yet.

Had one 4 days ago and nothing yet. Brought on more Braxtons etc for the first day or two, but things have calmed down again since :-(

Update: Still nothing.

I do believe if you are somewhat ready it could work, and she was not ready. Will probably get another at my appointment on Thursday, and not looking forward to the discomfort, but hopeful we will see results! (If she doesn't come before that - although no signs of her on her way).

This waiting game the last few weeks is terrible!!!

Hey. Had first sweep tuesday past and anothe on Thursday...and my baby girl arrive on Saturday! Not sure if it was the sweep or she was just ready to come out but from no BH I went straight into 3 min apart contractions.

I had 2 with my DS which didn't work but I wasn't favourable. With my DD I was 3cm and my cervix was soft and flat when I had my sweep (on the Monday) and that evening I started losing my plug (for the 2nd time) and had a show the next day. I started getting contractions on Wednesday night and had DD on the Thursday :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->