Men when they are "ill"

Iveneverseen

Reaction score
Why when men (or the majority) are Ill do they have to be all pathetic about it? act like they are on their deathbed?
I find it so annoying, and it's most of the time nothing major?

They take days off work, moan constantly, lie in bed or on couch all day and expect you to mother them.

when were ill pah we don't get to be ill. they go to work and were still running around doing everything for the kids.

I had hyperemesis my full pregnancy with my youngest, I was even hospitalised with it and I still had to look after my kids and do everything.

I had/have spd and was always in pain still had to get on with it.

a c section with a long, hard , painfull recovery which I was really ill for months after. I was still doing everything.

so why when men have an illness are they unable to do anything?

and they say were the weaker of the sex?
hmm I say man up, cos we have to.

drives me nuts how they can be ill but we cant.

rant over lol

I'm lucky in that my DH is very rarely ill, I have been with him 9 years and he has never vomited from anything but alcohol haha (and that was only a couple of times in our youth!!) he has an iron immune system, which is just as well because I seem to catch every bug going, but he's great for looking after me, he doesn't make me run around after the boys when I'm ill.

HOWEVER, he gets hay fever, every year I remind him the season is coming up and to get his tablets, every year he takes them after 2 miserable weeks of symptoms. He gets SO grumpy, I know it must be horrible don't get me wrong but he doesn't always help himself, and doesn't let me burn my yankee candles when he's having an episode either lol :(

Aw you are so lucky, my husband drives me mad when he's ill. he's such a baby, when he does act all pathetic I say I've been in much worse conditions and still managed to do stuff" but I kinda have to :haha:

I'm surprised your hubby has never been sick in 9years other than alcohol :haha:

I have also been with my husband 9 years this year. :flower:

I send dh back to his mother when he's ill. I can't be arsed.
Xx

My hubby is very undramatic when he is ill...in fact too much the other way! His leg could be hanging off and he'd be not going to the doctors, saying it's fine blah blah!

Father in law-now he is a drama queen when he has man flu etc!

Edit-but having said that, my hubby has no sympathy when I'm feeling poorly! And that really annoys me lol

Haha I have a good friend who is male and he is just the same. oh im really ill ect makes me wanna bang their heads together and tell them to grow up. :haha:

I send dh back to his mother when he's ill. I can't be arsed.
Xx

Haha, my mother in law lives hundreds of miles away, most of the time im glad :haha:

but the pathetic ness about it drives me :growlmad:

That's such a shame, we used to live next door, now we live 10 mins away xx

It's not, id hate to live too close to the inlaws. :haha:
Only thing I'd like them to be closer for is seeing the kids, but that is it. my in laws are hard work.

Another hyperemesis survivor! :happydance:

OH being ill means he has to die in bed for days, me? I have to get up and do shit!
:haha:

xx

Another hyperemesis survivor! :happydance:

OH being ill means he has to die in bed for days, me? I have to get up and do shit!
:haha:

xx

Oh it's awful isn't it? it was a real struggle to cope at times.

yeah exactly us women go through a hell of a lot worse and still have to get on with it.

I am glad my in laws are close but I think if I didn't have such a strong personality then I think I'd get drowned by them and hate them xx

My husband knows the rules..24 hours of being a baby then he's gotta get over it. I don't want to hear the whining anymore lol

Lol what do you do to get them to man up that actually works? lol

I strip off, if hes up for it i know hes not that ill :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"